10 Artists Who Need to Drop a New Album ASAP
  • WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2016

• Posted by: Susmita Paruchuri

There's nothing worse than being ghosted, but being ghosted by your favorite musician?! We know, we know -- they don't owe us anything... and tweeting at them excessively probably won't do anything. But we can't help but feel a little brokenhearted and we're not quite sure how to deal with this. The emotional distress is unbearable -- DETRIMENTAL -- and these are our 10 worst "offenders."

1. Frank Ocean

Let's just get the obvious one out of the way in the beginning. It's been four years since Channel Orange came out, and we've been waiting for Boys Don't Cry for... too long. It was expected to finally come out last week, but as we all know, it didn't. People are speculating he had technical difficulties pushing it to next week, but we don't know. There are too many Frank Ocean conspiracy theories and I've learned to not expect anything anymore, so I can just be thrilled when (and if) he does release something.

2. Lorde

Of course, Lorde is so young and has all the time in the world to put out new music, but it's been so long since Pure Heroine came out -- and it's all we have from her! Wasn't she like, twelve years old the last time she released something? Seriously, she was my jam when I first started college, but now I'm wrapping up my education and she still hasn't put anything new out since "Yellow Flicker Beat" for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.

3. Lady Gaga

It's not that Gaga's dropped of the face of the planet -- she's been around, with her engagement to and breakup from Taylor Kinney, to her stint on American Horror Story: Hotel. It's not that she's not talented either, but her last two albums were just underwhelming -- Born This Way-era Gaga had us in the palm of her hand.

4. HAIM

HAIM kind of emerged very suddenly into the spotlight and then quickly went back under the radar, but I'm itching for more! They've been out touring, but no new album since 2013's Days are Gone. They teased new music this summer on Instagram, but where is it, HAIM, WHERE IS IT?!

5. Vampire Weekend

When I was a senior in high school and could finally bring my car on campus, that spring Modern Vampires of the City was all I listened to on the drive to and from. That was 2013, which feels like so long ago! But despite Rostam Batmanglij's departure early this year, frontman Ezra Koenig announced that they're still working on a fourth album -- with Batmanglij contributing to it. I need it now!

6. Arctic Monkeys

I know I shouldn't expect anything from them considering they've been on a hiatus since 2014 after their tour for their 2013 album AM, but I can't help it! After all, wouldn't they have just broken up if there was absolutely no hope? The band appeared together just this past July for the first time to promote the Sheffield Children's Hospital arts trail, so maybe it's worth holding out.

7. Jay-Z

What is Jay-Z even doing right now? I'm sure he has more than enough money, but doesn't he get bored? Magna Carta Holy Grail in 2013 was his last album, and Beyonce's been running circles around him. Lemonade response, maybe?

8. Kesha

This is pretty self-explanatory considering all the controversy that's come out regarding Dr. Luke, but it definitely looks like the public has Kesha's back. Hopefully she can release new music soon, but until then, she's actually touring with Mad Decent Block Party. Yaaay, Kesha is beginning to see the light!

9. Bombay Bicycle Club

Another band on a break. "After ten years of doing this we thought it was time for all of us to try something else," the band said in a statement posted to Twitter. Maybe I'm hanging by a thread, but a break isn't quite a break up! They might come back!

10. Grizzly Bear

It's been way too long since Grizzly Bear released music -- the last time we saw them was when they released Shields in 2012. That's four years guys. Four years is a long time to wait for good music. They announced that they were going back in the studio, but we don't know how it's going...
Hot Baeble Videos
Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.