10 Artists You Should Already Be Following on Twitter
  • THURSDAY, JULY 07, 2016

• Posted by: Susmita Paruchuri

Barack Obama has 75 million followers on Twitter. Kim Kardashian has 46 million. And Katy Perry leaves them all in the dust with her whopping 90 million followers--she hit the mark last Friday, becoming the single most-followed person on the social media site.

She's got a lot of good material--a lot of professing her love to One Direction--but maybe you're looking for some more musicians a little further down the most followed list to add to your Twitter feed. Here are 10 other great artists to follow!

1. ST. VINCENT @st_vincent

Annie Clarks tweets range from Close the fucking wage gap to "Elderly woman going through airport security with at least 10 minibar bottles of booze in her purse, and Im 100% on board with this.

2. AIMEE MANN @aimeemann

This singer-songwriters feed is filled with endless Twitter gems. From a meme of a dog displeased with an orange peel he ate to a photo of the book A Childs First Book of Trump (exactly what it sounds like) she definitely also has her retweeting game locked down.

3. ERYKAH BADU @fatbellybella

She said she only tweets during PMS, but honestly, she puts out some great stuff all month long. From her great comebacks to her unsolicited sex tips, Erykah Badu's account is definitely a must-follow.

4. RIHANNA @rihanna

Rihanna is so sassy, I'd follow her just for her replies. Also, after she found one of her "Bitch Better Have my Money" costars on Instagram, I've been following her everywhere...you know, just in case.

5. AMANDA PALMER @amandapalmer

She may be an oversharer, but that's okay. Between the cute tweets about her baby and things that make her cry (spoiler alert: smelling peaches also does the trick), the Dresden Dolls co-founder has a great Twitter feed.

6. DRAKE @drake

Drake is such a dork, I love it. He may post photos of himself on Instagram in fancy robes, in suits, in nothing at all, throwing money, swimming in luxurious pools, with his friends...but we all know the truth, Aubrey. You're a dork.

7. MATT AND KIM @mattandkim

I think I'm just a sucker for mundane daily experiences being typed in all caps. Matt and Kim have the most ridiculous Twitter feed ever, it's great.

8. KANYE WEST @kanyewest

If I were Kanye Id probably tweet in caps lock 95% of the time too. Other than this tweet, the moment he tweeted Can somebody sue me already after his Famous music video debacle, I just about died. I feel like you can divide his Twitter up into 70% talking about his own music, 15% bragging about his family and 15% thanking God. And yet, somehow, I still find myself hanging off his every word.

9. CHER @cher

Part of me wants to know what's going on in Cher's head, but the other part of me knows I wouldn't be able to come back from that. I will say, however, that Cher has given me a ton of new, unique insults to use. Sayonara, buttface.

10. EZRA KOENIG @arzE

I regret to admit that I used this tweet as my high school yearbook quote senior year, but also I dont feel that guilty because this is my favorite Twitter account of all time. When Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend is addressing real issues in his tweets, he's so witty, intelligent, and concise about it, and when hes tweeting corny dad jokes, Im still itching for more.

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

X Ambassadors live at Empire Garage

X Ambassadors live at Empire Garage

Kayla Brianna live at The Bell House

Kayla Brianna live at The Bell House

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Alexisonfire live at Hordern Pavilion

Alexisonfire live at Hordern Pavilion

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Morning Parade live at The Launch Pad

Morning Parade live at The Launch Pad

Obama Girl's Heartland Christmas live at Obama Girl's Christmas Cabin

Obama Girl's Heartland Christmas live at Obama Girl's Christmas Cabin

Fallulah live at The Launch Pad at Spike Hill

Fallulah live at The Launch Pad at Spike Hill

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.