Sports aren't a big theme in music videos. There's a lot of live shows, pretty girls, and standing around expensive cars, but not a lot of athletics. The most common place (on YouTube) where sports and music intersect is the one where teams cover "Call Me Maybe" or some fan uploads a slideshow of highlights of the 1978 World Cup set to "O Fortuna." In honor of this summers Olympics we've scoured the internet and compiled a list of the more athletic videos music has to offer, for you to watch while you're waiting around for the next heat in men's swimming.
1. Vampire Weekend's "Giving Up the Gun" for Tennis
This is the most exciting tennis match ever. You won't find swords or Jake Gyllenhaal in London.
2. Ben Howards's "Keep Your Head Up" for Luge
Slip-N-Sliding should be an Olympic sport, getting enough speed takes serious skill.
3. All Time Low's "Coffee Shop Soundtrack" for Vault/Balance Beam/Uneven Bars/Floor Routine
Something tells me All Time Low wouldn't make it past Nationals.
4. The Young Giant's "Cough Syrup" for (Synchronized) Swimming
Although I think cough syrup is included in the mandatory drug screening and expressly forbidden.
5. Matt and Kim's "Let's Go" for Basketball
I feel like someone should call traveling.
Honorable Mention:Muse's Survival for Team Spirit
Think of this last one as the participation ribbon. It's only awarded because you showed up and we had to give you something.