10 Songs To Help Cure Your Insomnia
    • MONDAY, JULY 03, 2017

• Posted by: Meredith Nardino

There are so many things I wish I could do better, and sleeping is one of them. No matter how completely exhausted I feel or how many self-help articles I read, I can never manage to fall asleep at a reasonable pace. Maybe I shouldn't be watching Netflix until 2 a.m., but every minute of that extra episode of Jane the Virgin I cram in before bed is honestly worth it. For those of us who have never been able to perfect our sleep schedules, this playlist is nearly the perfect remedy.

1. "Monday" - Matt Corby

Australian singer-songwriter Matt Corby might have one of the most beautiful voices in the universe, and hardly anybody knows it. "Monday" was the lead single off his highly anticipated debut album, Telluric, released in 2016. This song was essentially recorded a cappella, with only stomps and claps accompanying Corby's endless vocal range. It's simple beat and sweet lyrics will instantly put your mind at ease.

2. "Monsoon" - Hippo Campus

Twin Cities favorites Hippo Campus have a way with words (to say the least). Their debut album Landmark is filled with introspective poetry that floats seamlessly over layers of jangly guitars. "Monsoon" is one of those songs you can't help but listen to on repeat. It's atmospheric mid-tempo melody is a more effective sleep aid than counting sheep.

3. "Lostmyhead" - The 1975

The 1975 are no strangers to instrumental arrangements, but "Lostmyhead" is by far their most impressive. From their sophomore record I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it, this ambient track is a brilliant symphony wrapped up into a tight five minutes. Even when separated from the calming visuals that appear in the band's live show, "Lostmyhead" has the power to put you in a dreamy trance.

4. "The Colour In Anything" - James Blake

Minimalist soul artist James Blake topped his award-winning sophomore LP with The Colour In Anything, arguably one of the best records of 2016. The title track is stunning in its simplicity. Blake's fragile vocals soar over gentle piano chords, making the most of quiet moments between notes. "The Colour In Anything" is a modern lullaby for the broken hearted.

5. "Loveless" - Lo Moon

"Loveless" is a hypnotic debut from little-known experimental trio Lo Moon. This monumental track blends airy guitar with sharp percussion, wrapping you up in warm L.A. vibes. Tune out your surroundings with the full seven minutes, or take it easy with the equally magical edited version.

6. "Still" - The Japanese House

This was the first single from rising U.K. indie-pop powerhouse, and it proves to be timeless. The Japanese House (aka Amber Bain) has perfectly mastered an addictive style of ambient pop that is instantly recognizable. Listen to "Still" and any lingering stress from the day will be lifted off your shoulders, making you feel weightless.

7. "Blue Light" - Mazzy Star

Mid-90s indie duo Mazzy Star is essentially the precursor to modern dream pop standouts like Beach House and Cigarettes After Sex. "Blue Light" is a captivating mix of psychedelia and folk, two genres that you'd never expect to sound this good together. With Hope Sandoval's murmuring vocals and a slow-burning melody, this song is the perfect sonic nightcap.

8. "The Peaks" - Lewis Watson feat. Kimberly Anne

Some might see Lewis Watson as nothing more than Ed Sheeran 2.0, but the young singer-songwriter has a natural talent far beyond his years. This acoustic cover of Everything Everything's experimental ballad "The Peaks" is an unexpected success, and one of the best tracks on Watson's debut LP The Morning. Watson's warm vocal tone feels like the comfortable embrace of your favorite blanket.

9. "All Is Now Harmed" - Ben Howard

Ben Howard's thoughtful sophomore record I Forget Where We Were puts him on the same level as indie-folk greats like Hozier and Angus & Julia Stone. "All Is Now Harmed" is a melancholy track that builds layers upon layers of rolling drums and cinematic strings. Howard's voice is powerful but gentle, making this song a perfect fit for this meditative nighttime mix.

10. "River" - Leon Bridges

Soulful songwriter Leon Bridges goes back to his gospel roots on this gorgeous single from his debut record, Coming Home. With its silky smooth harmonies and stripped down melody, "River" is the best way to wind down after a long day of relaxing by the water.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

Irontom live at Industry City

Irontom live at Industry City

Pela live at The Bowery Ballroom

Pela live at The Bowery Ballroom

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.