13 Songs That Will Have You Walking With Purpose
    • WEDNESDAY, JULY 12, 2017

• Posted by: Jon Hopper

It'd have to be a particularly off day for me to leave my front door without music in my ears; I like to line my day up to a soundtrack, make every step feel like a statement, and stride through every walk like I'm doing something way more important than going to the grocery store. If you've got somewhere to be, a schedule to meet, time to keep, or sights to see, the songs on this list are sure to put spice in your step.

1. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Beat The Devil's Tattoo"

This is one of those songs that would go right at the top of a list of songs to stomp your foot to. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club have a talent for making music with growl and bite to it. You'll feel like a regular cruiser with this as your anthem.

2. Portugal. The Man - "Feel It Still"

Sometimes all you need is a groove that picks you up and puts a kick in your stroll. "Feel It Still" makes you want to dance your way down the street rather than walk it, and definitely succeeds at giving you a lasting impression. This one's great for a sunny day.

3. Elbow - "Grounds For Divorce"

Listening to this song is like kicking in the doors of a saloon and being at the center of a nasty, no-holds bar fight. Even if you've never actually been in one, you'll be taking every step with the certainty of a thrown punch.

4. Beck - "Go It Alone"

"Go It Alone" makes me feel like I'm way cooler than I actually am. It sets the mood; the hands-in-pockets kind of mood; the shoulder swaying, chin-bobbing kind of mood; the drift-through-life like a cool cat kind of mood. Take it easy, and take the time to enjoy the solitude of a long walk.

5. The Heavy - "How You Like Me Now"

This one is a modern classic that makes you feel like you're wearing million dollar shoes. It's easy to imagine the ground under your feet turning to gold as you walk with this song in your ear. So throw on some shades, undo the top two buttons on your shirt, and flash that eye-catching smile. Also check out a live performance of the song here.

6. TWRP (Tupperware Remix Party) - "Crushin' On You (feat. White Hot Guilt)"

If you're looking for something that'll give you a funky strut, look no further. TWRP's got you covered with a groovy disco pulse that'll give you a whole new kind of confidence and have you sliding sidelong down the street.

7. Portugal. The Man - "Number One (feat. Richie Havens & Son Little)"

I will shamelessly place Portugal. The Man twice in this list, for the sole reason that they know how to write songs that make you move. "Number One" has a thumping bass, a layered arrangement of sweet ear candy, and a beat that drives you on, wherever it is you're going.

8. Barns Courtney - "Hellfire"

Barns Courtney's voice alone is a chilling musical tool, never mind the hard-hitting bluesy sound of the songs he graces that voice with. "Hellfire" is filled with shin-kicking, bone-crunching, bell-tolling drama that will make you feel like a character right out of a biblical tragedy.

9. Queens Of The Stone Age - "The Way You Used To Do"

A good riff will keep you putting one foot in front of the other for hours. Queens Of The Stone Age are definitely good at coming up with riffs that won't wear out easily, and push the song forwards just like you need it to push you.

10. Arctic Monkeys - "Do I Wanna Know?"

The Arctic Monkeys are like ministers who marry rhythm and melody in some holy fashion that consistently delivers masterful offspring in the form of their music. If I didn't think it would be lazy, I would absolutely put the entire AM album on this list, but this song easily speaks for the rest of them.

11. Cage The Elephant - "In One Ear"

Walking down the street never felt so bold. "In One Ear" makes you feel like everywhere you go is a runway for you to make yourself seen. You've got the plan, you've got the moves, and now you've got the world paying attention, so do your thing and show them your stuff.

12. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Shuffle Your Feet"

A good old hand-clapping, tambourine-shaking folk tune is perfect for giving you that lone drifter feeling where you get to just turn off to the rest of the world and focus on the road you're walking. Let your mind wander, and maybe even do some wandering of your own.

13. Jamie N Commons - "Rumble And Sway"

In the end, nothing fits on this list quite so well as this song does. The title says it all, and I can't resist stepping to the punch of a good kick drum. It's got a rolling beat, bombastic horns, and all the bluesy jamming you need for that feel-good moment.

Hot Baeble Videos
    The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Irontom live at Industry City

Irontom live at Industry City

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Computer Games  live at Baeble HQ

Computer Games live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.