12 Songs to Give You Attitude When You Enter a Room
  • FRIDAY, JULY 01, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

Whether we admit it or not, we always dream about having that one big movie moment. You know, those teen movies where the hot high school cheerleader walks into a party in slow motion, flips her hair, and everyone else in the room is just... staring. Well, we know you've fantasized about having your own little moment like that, I know I have. I imagine what kind of room I'll be walking into, what outfit I'll be wearing, and of course, the most essential, which song will be playing while it all happens. There are so many great options for this scenario, but we narrowed it down to the top 12.

1. "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire

This song is SO. FUNKY. And soulful! And that HOOK! An oldie but a goodie. How could this not pump you up? It also screams, "I'm here for a good time and I don't care what you think."

2. "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oates

Now of course we've already seen this song used in a similar situation (hint: Joseph Gordon-Levitt dances to this song in the street with a bunch of strangers after he spends the night with Zooey Deschanel) and we can see it being used for good reason. It's such an uplifting song, you're bound to feel on top of the world when you walk to it.

3. "Slumlord" by Neon Indian

If you're entering a night club, then this is the song you should do it to, because it has, well, a night club feel. First comes that epic synth intro followed by a groovy beat. Oh and when that hook comes in -- don't even get me started. Everything about this song screams "I'm wearing my best red dress and I'm ready to party."

4. "Into You" by Ariana Grande

Let's stop pretending like we don't fucking love Ariana Grande already. This woman kills it, especially in this song. Are you trying to wheel a potential romantic lover tonight? Well when the sensual hook kicks in, jaws will drop.

5. "Shut Up Kiss Me" by Angel Olsen

Alright, everyone knows I love this song, but it really is appropriate for this list. Wait for the drums to kick in and then BANG, you got yourself a perfect entrance. If you're more of a badass indie rocker chick, this one right here is for you.

6. "I Can Change" by LCD Soundsystem

You definitely need to walk in slow motion for this one. The disco beat and the disco synths -- give us ALL of the disco vibes.

7. "iT" by Christine and The Queens

Mystery and fierceness: these the things this song has that you need to make the perfect entrance. It's a little more chill but still manages to have that certain attitude you need to turn heads. You can even channel your inner Christine and The Queens and throw in a few dance moves on your way in.

8. "Butterfly" by Twin Peaks

Here's another one for all my rocker chicks out there. Now I know this may not seem like "traditional pump up music," but trust me, this will pump you up. I listen to this shit when I run. Seriously. You'll feel badass.

9. "Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees

This song is up there with Earth, Wind and Fire. It's legendary. It's groovy. It's especially a good choice if you're walking with your entire squad.

10. "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats

This would be a good song to listen to when you enter your high school prom. Picture it.

11. "Love Me" by The 1975

Open the door right when Matt Healy sings the first "Love Me" in the chorus and BOOM. Everyone waiting on the other side will love you.

12. "Flawless" by Beyonce

If you thought I was going to make a list about songs to enter a room to and not include Beyonce, then you craaaaay!

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Tor Miller live at The Baeble Bounce House

Tor Miller live at The Baeble Bounce House

X Ambassadors live at Empire Garage

X Ambassadors live at Empire Garage

Disclosure live at Hype Hotel

Disclosure live at Hype Hotel

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Vance Joy live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Vance Joy live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Charli XCX live at Hype Hotel

Charli XCX live at Hype Hotel

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

Arkells live at Industry City

Arkells live at Industry City

Concrete (Live)

Concrete (Live)

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.