7 Artists Feeling the Wrath of Twitter Hack Terrorism
  • WEDNESDAY, JUNE 08, 2016

• Posted by: Evan Jake Goldstein

SONIC YOUTH

Sonic Youth's Twitter was hacked on June 7th. Their username was changed to "Max Guerin," with the hacker posting a series of now-deleted tweets, including claims that the band would play a reunion show in New York's Central Park.
Reaction: HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS LIKE THAT!

sonic youth twitter

BON IVER

Bon Iver's handle was changed to "@ihavelegcancer" and his account posted a disrespectful tweet about the late Muhammad Ali
Reaction- C+ trolling at best for being a miserable dick

bon iver twitter

TAME IMPALA

Tame Impala's account sent out a bomb threat, posting: "I HAVE 15 C4S IN MY BAG AND 12 PIPEBOMBS IN MY BAG ALSO" at the account of US airline Jet Blue.
Reaction So uncool for so many reasons

tame impala twitter

TENACIOUS D

Tenacious D's account falsely announced the death of Jack Black, briefly sparking rumours that the band's frontman and Hollywood actor had died. The account has since reassured fans that Black is alive and well.
Reaction: HOW FUCKING DARE YO?! ITS 2016! That's not something to joke about!

tenacious d twitter

GEORGE HARRISON

Harrison's Twitter was hacked to change his bio information to "Hey George, follow @j5zlol when you see this and shoot me a DM. I'll help you secure your accounts :) I don't want to cause you any harm, bud." The Twitter account of @j5zlol then claimed to not know of Harrison's death, tweeting: "Well shit I hacked someone and I didn't even know they was dead.. my bad." The hacker later sent a now-deleted tweet through Harrison's account saying "sorry" for hacking a dead celebrity and claiming to have been "living under a rock."
Reaction: Extortion 101, first check and make sure that your target is not dead

george harrisontwitter

KATY PERRY
On May 30th, Perrys account began posting a series of abusive tweets to followers, Taylor Swift included among them. The hacker then posted a Soundcloud link to a since deleted song, "Witness," claiming it was by Perry. However, while "Witness" could potentially have been a new ballad written for Perry, the singer on the track didn't sound like Perry herself.
Reaction: Lol @ Universal scrambling to cover it up

katy perry twitter

DRAKE

Drake is now the latest victim of celebrity Twitter hacking. The perpetrator appears to have been @2aiden3, whose Twitter account has now been suspended. A series of tweets posted by the mysterious user aimed to promote his Snapchat account.
Reaction: Really bro? Yur Snapchat :/

drake twitter hack
Hot Baeble Videos
Live It Up

Live It Up

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

GE Smith live at The Bowery Electric

GE Smith live at The Bowery Electric

Crystal Fighters live at Baeble HQ

Crystal Fighters live at Baeble HQ

Nights With You

Nights With You

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Leela James live at Baeble HQ

Leela James live at Baeble HQ

City of the Sun live at Baeble HQ

City of the Sun live at Baeble HQ

R.LUM.R live at Industry City

R.LUM.R live at Industry City

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.