10 Self-Love Anthems That Will Give You Confidence
    • THURSDAY, JUNE 29, 2017

• Posted by: Victoria Fernandes

Whether it's because your parents got mad at you for spilling milk all over the kitchen counter or because you didn't land your dream job (yet), we all have moments when we get down on ourselves. Or maybe, you are already a pretty confident person, but you need that extra boost to do something like impress your crush at the party of the year or nail that job interview. Whatever your situation is, we've got 10 songs that will help your self-esteem. I mean, how could you not love yourself while listening to Banks sing "I fuck with myself more than anyone else"?!

1. "Tears Dry On Their Own" by Amy Winehouse

I have so much love in my heart for Amy Winehouse. Her music is timeless and I'll never get tired of her truthful songwriting. On a night in with only the company of my record player, Back To Black is an album i'll always spin. The message of this song is clear: If I'm ever feeling down, all I need is myself to get back up again.

2. "Bright" by Kehlani

Kehlani's Grammy-nominated You Should Be Here put her on the R&B scene back in 2015. Standout track "Bright" is a self love ballad that can't go unnoticed. With this ballad, Kehlani reminds everyone, "Be great, be kind, don't let them dim your light. Yes you are like the sun so always stay bright."

3. "Fuck With Myself" by Banks

Everyone has a moment in their life when they learn to be their own best friend, thus beginning their self-love journey. Banks is no stranger to this journey. This is proven with her badass track "Fuck With Myself" off her 2016 release The Altar.

4. "My Favorite Shirt Is My Skin" by Mod Sun

Hippie rapper Mod Sun has been making happy-go-lucky rap music since 2010. It wasn't until his debut album Look Up that he released this smooth self-love anthem. With this track, Mod Sun gives us a new mantra, "My favorite shirt is my skin, I'm in love with myself, every time I look into the mirror I melt."

5. "i" by Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick's lead single off his masterpiece To Pimp a Butterfly is arguably the best self-love infused rap song of all time. With a sample from R&B royalty The Isley Brothers, "i" is groovy, catchy and shares an important message. One listen and you'll be singing "I love myself" until it's true.

6. "I Can Lift A Car" by Walk The Moon

A few years back, I saw Walk The Moon live. Their performance of this song was one of the highlights of the concert without a doubt - and they were the openers! With the audience singing along and their hands raising the roof, the feeling was electric. Since then, "I Can Lift A Car" has always helped me believe in myself, as cheesy as that sounds.

7. "Know What I Want" by Kali Uchis

I first heard this song on a random playlist back when it was released in 2014. A few months later, it was featured in the movie Dope (which is great by the way) and I rediscovered how enjoyable it is. With influences of doo-wop and reggae, Kali Uchis crafts a song all about knowing what you want and being confident that you're going to get it.

8. "Happy" by Marina and the Diamonds

Don't let the somber piano fool you, this song is a self love anthem. The track off Marina and the Diamond's 2015 album FROOT may sound heartbreaking at first. However, as it builds, you'll realize how inspirational the song truly is. Lyrics like "I found what I was looking for in myself" and "finally I have found a way to be happy" will leave you hopeful and full of warm and fuzzy self love.

9. "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)" by Dua Lipa

Pop music powerhouse Dua Lipa delivers a number of bangers on her debut album and "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)" is a popular one - for a good reason! Undeniably catchy, it's the perfect song to listen to when you need to remind yourself just how awesome you truly are.

10. "Handsome" by The Vaccines

Since The Vaccines haven't put out new music in two years, (where are you guys?) I've been listening to their 2015 release English Graffiti on repeat to ease the pain. High energy and aggressive, the opening track "Handsome" is sarcastic and clever, making you feel effortlessly cool as you sing along, "Thank God I'm handsome."

Listen on the go:

Hot Baeble Videos
    Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

Emily Warren live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

The Aces live at Baeble HQ

Irontom live at Industry City

Irontom live at Industry City

Pela live at The Bowery Ballroom

Pela live at The Bowery Ballroom

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Overcoats live at Industry City

Overcoats live at Industry City

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

Tom Walker live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.