5 Ways Cage The Elephant Can Improve Your Monday
    • MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2017

• Posted by: Caroline Bojarski

Mondays are the worst. I don't care how much you love your job, the relaxed weekend lifestyle is always better than the weekday grind. This Monday seems particularly determined to crush my spirit as I glimpsed a massive cockroach while leaving my apartment building, and the operator of my morning train waited until the doors were securely closed before announcing that the train would be running local. In spite of this rough start, I was revived and am now ready to face down all the vermin and transportation inconveniences that the rest of the day may hold in store. How you may ask? Cage The Elephant, that's how. Here are 5 ways this band can rock your Monday.

1. Unpeeled

CTE announced the July 28th release date for new album Unpeeled last week. The band's last album, Tell Me I'm Pretty, dropped in 2015, but it was so amazing that two years has been far too long to wait before hearing more from Cage The Elephant. Unpeeled will feature 18 minimalist remakes of the band's previous songs, including tracks like "Spiderhead" and "Punchin' Bag" whose original versions are the kind of full-force rock songs that transform live audiences into jumping, dancing, crowd-surfing chaos. Among these reinvented songs, Unpeeled will also include three covers. Get excited.

2. "Whole Wide World"

As a preview to their new album, the band released "Whole Wide World", a cover of Wreckless Eric's 1977 single of the same name. CTE lead vocalist, Matt Shultz, delivers the song's self-deprecating opening line with the perfect mix of regret and wry humor, singing, "When I was a young boy/ My mama said to me/ There's only one girl in this world for you/ And she probably lives in Tahiti". Listening to "Whole Wide World" made me so excited to hear the rest of Unpeeled that I almost forgot it was still Monday.

3. Holy S**t a Scented Vinyl!

Cage The Elephant has been advertising a limited edition, two-disk vinyl for pre-order on their website. The disks are not only bright orange but also magically infused with the scent of a freshly ~unpeeled~ orange. Unfortunately, they are officially 'sold out', but you know those are just words in the age of eBay and Craigslist.

4. "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked"

One of the stripped down songs on Unpeeled will be "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked". Remember when people used to pay 99 cents for a download on iTunes? If you do, then you probably also discovered Cage when this song was featured as the 'Free Single of the Week' in 2009. How's that for a throwback?

5. Dance Moves

Cage The Elephant is one of the most energetic bands I've ever seen in concert. This is mostly thanks to Matt Shultz's stage presence and his spontaneous, unconventional dance moves. I would even venture to call him the Thom Yorke of his generation, although his style is more jerky than the iconic flailings of the "Lotus Flower" video. You decide, but either way, CTE does not disappoint as a live band, and my greatest hope is that the release of Unpeeled will mean more US tour dates in the near future.

Hot Baeble Videos
    Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

The Suffers live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

CHVRCHES live at Summer Stage

CHVRCHES live at Summer Stage

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.