2 Chainz's 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music': One of the Best Trap Albums of 2017
  • THURSDAY, JUNE 22, 2017

• Posted by: Nailah Andre

On June 16th we were all blessed with 2 Chainz fourth studio album Pretty Girls Like Trap Music. Many are already regarding it has his best album so far which means a lot, because 2 Chainz has been making music since the early 2000s.

Pretty Girls Like Trap Music is a sixteen track long trap masterpiece. He opens the album up well with the first track "Saturday Night," which is about his journey hustling in the trap and the awful things he's seen to becoming a wealthy, successful, Grammy-award winner. This is a great introduction into the rest of the album.

The song on the album that best illustrates the overarching theme is "Door Swangin". During the first verse 2 Chainz says "Moved up a level, then I stepped up my grind. Got to the top, ain't nobody around. When I look down, all I see is some sucka shit. And I'ma run shit, I put that on my bucket list." He is talking about when first started "trapping", or selling drugs. He slowly started moving up the ladder (I guess drug dealing has upward mobility) because he started working harder. When he reached his pinnacle he was alone and everyone else was below him. 2 Chainz realized he was destined for something greater than just trapping.

Pretty Girls Like Trap Music is very strong in one area that Tity Boi never disappoints in, features. Whether 2 Chainz himself is featured on another artist's song or he enlists some artists for his own track, you can always bet on it being fire. The single he dropped prior to the release of the album "4 AM" featuring Travis Scott is an absolute banger. It's the perfect mix of the two completely different artists. When Travis Scott hops on a track he has a tendency to take it over with his patent auto-tune infused hooks, but on "4 AM" this style mixes well with 2 Chainz mesmerizing witty flows.

2 Chainz threw us all for a loop with "It's A Vibe" featuring Ty Dolla $ign, Trey Songz and Jhené Aiko. Previous to this song I don't remember 2 Chainz working with R&B singers let alone three on the same track. This smooth rhythm features a smooth rap verse from 2 Chainz as well as rhythmic vocals from the singers. It's safe to say this southern rapper is keeping the lost art of phenomenal rap collabs alive.

Last but not least the 2 Chainz also worked with long time collaborator Drake on "Big Amount". The instrumental of this track features the now famous "trap flute" which adds a light melody to the beat with the heavy drums below it. At the core of the song "Big Amount" is a braggadocious song about all the things 2 Chainz and Drake buy and the things they have accomplished like buying fur coats for their girls and topping the billboards.

All in all, Tity Boi knocked it out the park with this one.

Hot Baeble Videos
Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

AJR  live at Baeble HQ

AJR live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.