In celebration of the release of Art Brut
's new album It's A Bit Complicated
, (came out yesterday, June 19 on Downtown Records
), Baeble Music presents an exclusive and live concert at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC! You can watch Allison Hagendorf
's interview in the Green Room with the band and click song-by-song through their live concert on their band profile page.
Last week, we filmed The Rosewood Thieves
at Pianos and Voxtrot
with Au Revoir Simone
at Webster Hall. The pictures came out great (thanks to our lovely photographer Stephanie)!!
Enjoy the videos and see you soon!
- May 16, 2007
@ Bowery Ballroom, NY
They're an eccentric, motley bunch who have more in common with Half Man Half Biscuit and Pulp than they do with their oft-compared 'influences' The Fall. Art Brut formed in 2003 and played its first gig in May of that year. Much like Bloc Party...[read more
Watch The Video
- May 14, 2007 @ Bowery Ballroom, NY
Filmed at New York City's Bowery Ballroom, this performance shows what years spent living in "Ochrasy" have done for Mando Diao. Marrying a tightly knit sound with sinister slanted lyrics, epic song writing, and... [read more
Watch The Video
MORE PICS HERE! Au Revoir Simone + Voxtrot
at Webster Hall + Rosewood Theives
**NEW EPISODE** The Green Room w/ Art Brut!
- Famously floopy Eddie Argos doesn't exactly fit the front man fold. But then again, if you had to pick, which would you choose? A flashy fashionista with a pension for egotism? Or Argos – a rock and roll kid who clearly couldn't be more thrilled...[check it out here
**NEW EPISODE** The Green Room w/ Mando Diao!
- Honing in on a sound that unites pop, mod, soul, R&B, and Brit-pop elements, Sweden 's Mando Diao brought a slice of European cool stateside for one of this past spring's most exciting tours. For our fourth installment of the Green Room, Baeble's cameras went back stage, onstage, and out in the crowd to catch every glimpse of the band's performance at The Bowery Ballroom. [check it out here
- Tons of random music videos of up and coming artists from Aeroplane Pageant, Bobby Con, Faber Drive, Mouse On Mars, The Zincs
and many more! [check it out here
Album Reviews: Wilco "Sky Blue Sky"
- Whenever a troubled, brave faced musician hustles enough courage to get better, there is always the inevitability that it may come at the expense of what they do best . Most music fans are probably not afraid to admit that they sometimes dabble in the narcissistic, preferring the art over the artist.[read more
Album Reviews: Gore Gore Girls "Get the Gore"
- Sometimes, but not always, the best way to figure out the vibe or mood of an album is by looking at the cover. The cover of Get The Gore by the Gore Gore Girls (named after the 1972 film directed by Herschell Gordon Lewis) features a white background with a guitar next to the legs of a woman (presumably lead vocalist and guitarist Amy Gore) in a pair of black high-heel boots. The picture could not have said it any better. Get The Gore is a record that comes right out of the box, never letting up its genuine discharge of welcomed noise. [read more
- Congrats to Heather Gertis
from Perry, NY. She's been a great Baeblehead and has the iPod Nano prize to proove it!!
For those of you looking for something to do on summer vacation or just bored at work, come join the Baeblehead
gang! We want people who believe in the power of live concerts and want to help get the word out about bands we film. Win prizes and real work experience that you can put on your resume.[read more