7 Songs to Help You Enjoy the Next Summer Thunderstorm
  • TUESDAY, JUNE 20, 2017

• Posted by: Victoria Fernandes

Through the cold and dreary days of winter, there's one consistent light at the end of the tunnel: Summer. Longing for days at the beach, getting tan and eating popsicles, summer is what we wait for. While sunshiny days are a season staple, one thing about the season that refuses to go unnoticed is the thunderstorms. You know the ones, they come when you're caught without an umbrella, wearing open-toed shoes, and have a million and one errands to run.

While not everyone likes getting caught in the rain, everyone likes some mood music. With tracks old and new, here are 7 songs that will leave you smiling, dancing and of course, singing in the rain.

1. "Crying Lightning" by Arctic Monkeys

Get pumped for some explosive thunder and electric lightning with this high energy and aggressive track off Arctic Monkeys' 2009 release Humbug. You'll be singing along to "I hate that little game you called Crying Lightning" in no time.

2. "Northern Downpour" by Panic! At The Disco

Yes, I'm an emo kid at heart. Even if you don't frequently revisit Panic!'s music from the 2000's like I do, you can still appreciate this song. The mature and beautiful lyrics from this track off the 2008 album Pretty. Odd. display a melancholic feeling that's perfect for rainy days.

3. "Looks Like Rain" by Passion Pitt

This track from Passion Pitt is perfect for staring out the window and daydreaming while the rain pours down from the sky. It's luscious and poetic with unique sounds and a stand out chorus, making you want to dance around in the rain with no inhibition.

4. "Cloudy" by Simon & Garfunkel

We're taking it back to 1966 with this track from Simon & Garfunkel. Their signature harmonies and quietly impactful lyrics such as "Hey sunshine, I haven't seen you in a long time" make "Cloudy" a perfect song for dreary thunderstorms.

5. "Rain" by City and Colour

City and Colour takes on a hopeful approach to the summer thunderstorm with this track, which was released earlier this year.

6. "Ballet For A Rainy Day" by XTC

Looking for a quirky rain-related ballad? I know we all are. "Ballet for a Rainy Day" stems off Skylarking, which is commonly referred to as the "Sgt. Pepper's of the 1980's." With visual lyrics like, "When it rains, it rains all the colors in my paintbox," it's perfect for finding the beauty in a summer storm.

7. "She's Thunderstorms" by Arctic Monkeys

Okay, I know I just mentioned an Arctic Monkeys song but it's not my fault they have such great songs about thunderstorms! This track off their surf-rock inspired Suck It and See is simply too perfect to not include on your rain-proof thunderstorm soundtrack.

Listen on the go:

Hot Baeble Videos
Brother (Acoustic From Streets of Warsaw)

Brother (Acoustic From Streets of Warsaw)

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band  live at Baeble HQ

Robert Randolph and the Family Band live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Airborne

Airborne

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.