10 Songs That Are Guaranteed To Put You In A Good Mood
    • THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 2017

• Posted by: Victoria Fernandes

It's scientifically proven that what you listen to affects your mood. Seriously, there are studies proving it. That being said, I don't need much proving. I have enough evidence in my everyday life, letting music impact how I feel. There are certain songs that make me feel like I can take over the world and there are songs that make me want to hide in bed under the covers all day. My favorite mood bending music? Songs that make me smile, dance and want to frolic through an endless field of daisies. Here are 10 songs, old and new, that are guaranteed to put you in a good mood.

1. "I Really Like You" by Carly Rae Jepsen

Stop denying it. This song is enjoyable as hell and you know it. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Carly Rae Jepsen is saving pop one blissful bubble-gum piece of music at a time. Blast some Carly Rae and dance like no one watching - I promise I won't judge. Also check out our exclusive interview with her here.

2. "Sweet Jane" by The Velvet Underground

The Velvet Underground is one of the most underrated bands amongst us millennial. As far as I'm concerned, Lou Reed was one of the greatest lyricists of the 60s and 70s. "Sweet Jane" became one of their greatest hits back in 1970 for that exact reason. The bright instrumentals and catchy lyrics will have you blasting the track while driving around town with the top down.

3. "Pink Lemonade" by The Wombats

This track is almost as refreshing and delicious as the drink itself. The Wombats are known for making upbeat indie rock with an underlying humor and cynicism, perfect for those who aren't all smiles, all the time.

4. You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates

Okay, this one is a certified classic. It's almost impossible to listen to this without at least tapping your foot.

5. "Hiccups" by WATERS

This one is for when you need some motivation. WATERS reminds us that everything happens for a reason with their catchy chorus, "All of my mistakes, all of my heartbreaks, I ain't got no regrets...all of my fuck ups, all of my hiccups, only brought me to you."

6. "Second Hand News" by Fleetwood Mac

I cannot tell you how many dance parties I've had alone in my room to Fleetwood Mac's iconic album Rumours. Standout track "Second Hand News" is groovy, joyful and a perfect mood booster.

7. "Love Natural" by Crystal Fighters

This song has consistently made me smile every time I hear it since its release in 2013. With an undeniable chorus and exciting drums, it's pure serotonin.

8. "Hard Times" by Paramore

I don't think a day has gone by, since this track was released, that I haven't had this stuck in my head. I've annoyed my friends by singing it over and over multiple times but I can't help it! While Paramore's latest album After Laughter is full of gems, nothing will beat the lead single "Hard Times" for me. It acknowledges our difficult times and tells them "not today."

9. "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure

I'm a huge nerd for 80's new wave. While "Friday I'm In Love" was released in the 90's, The Cure has a signature sound that is 80's new wave to a T and always puts me in a good mood. I don't care what day of the week it is, if I need a musical pick-me-up, "Friday I'm In Love" always does the trick.

10. "The Sun" by Portugal. The Man

This effortless track by Portugal. The Man is just lovely...and I mean that in the coolest way possible. "The Sun" reminds us that no matter what, "We are all just lovers."

Need it in playlist form? We got you:

Hot Baeble Videos
    Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

The Suffers live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.