11 Great Moments In Dad Rock History
  • FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2013

• Posted by: David Spelman

Musicians have different ways of paying tribute to their parents and children. Some, like Syd Butler of Les Savy Fav (pictured), prefer to bring their loved ones on stage, while others choose to feature them in videos. Music has certainly brought me closer with my father, and hopefully these clips can inspire you to think of a musical moment you shared with your dad.

Majical Cloudz video for "Childhood's End" features singer Devon Welsh's father, who famously appeared as Windom Earle on "Twin Peaks".

Holy Ghost!'s "Wait and See" stars the duo's fathers acting as themselves in this role-reversal video.

Watch the late Levon Helm drumming to The Band classic "The Weight" with help from daughter Amy's backup vocal harmonies.

Watch Quick Hits: Levon Helm Performs "The Weight" on PBS. See more from Sound Tracks.

Bruce Springsteen brings daughter Jessica on stage for "Dancing in the Dark" just like he did with Courteney Cox in 1984.

Glen Campbell performs "Dueling Banjos" with daughter Ashley.

Steve Earle and his son Justin Townes Earle collaborating on Townes Van Zandt's "Mr. Mudd and Gold".

Loudon Wainwright III and son Rufus covering Richard Thompson's "Down Where the Drunkards Roll".

Dr. Evil and his clone Mini-Me take on the Grover Washington Jr. classic "Just the Two of Us" from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler had teenaged daughter and future Elf maiden Liv stripping and pole dancing in their 1994 "Crazy" music video. Despite this, she maintains a close relationship with her father.

A few years ago Van Halen needed a new bass player, so Eddie Van Halen enlisted his (currently 22-year-old) son Wolfgang to join the band. Here is Wolfgang's first live appearance with his father on "316" back in 2004.

Watch Baeble's 2007 concert capture with Les Savy Fav featuring Syd Butler's rock star dad moment.

Watch the full video at Baeblemusic.com

Happy Father's Day from Baeble!
Hot Baeble Videos
Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

R.LUM.R live at Industry City

R.LUM.R live at Industry City

Noah Kahan live at Baeble HQ

Noah Kahan live at Baeble HQ

City of the Sun live at Baeble HQ

City of the Sun live at Baeble HQ

Streets of Laredo live at Baeble HQ

Streets of Laredo live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

Modern World

Modern World

Big Fish

Big Fish

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.