A few weeks ago we published Pricenomics' list of appearance fees for many of your favorite and least favorite celebrities (check it out here
). There seemed to be some glaring discrepancies, for instance Lorde and Creed have uncomfortably comparable fees. This week Business Insider
did a little research and published an accurate updated list sourced from Celebrity Talent Agency. Check your bank accounts and total up your assets, because the results are still quite shocking, and again taste seems to have very little to do with it.
For a cool $2 million you can book the artist formally known as the artist formally known as Prince. While significantly less expensive than a private 'Purple Rain'-storm, you've still gotta be packin' some bills if you're trying to 'Get Lucky' with Pharrell Williams. However, if you'd rather debate the virtues of cowbell with Blue Oyster Cult, you probably only have to sell your car.
For the price of Prince there are numerous multi-act possibilities. We gave ourselves 2 million Baeble Bux (which can be traded for dreams and air guitar riffs) and imagined one of our own:
- Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band ($1 Million) will be headlining, featuring back up dancer Courtney Cox ($300K).
- Puff Daddy ($300K), who denied our suggestion of $125K for a P. Diddy appearance.
- Meat Loaf ($200K) and RuPaul ($25K) will then perform together, because why not?
- The entire event will be MC'd by Charlie Murphy ($25K).
- Since we already have Ms. Cox booked to dance, we threw in rump shakin' favorite Sisqo ($15K).
- Opening acts Tommy Chong and the Ying Yang Twins, who we were able to negotiate with (one of their $10K fees split between them plus a fat sack of potato chips).
- Finally, Jeff Goldblum ($125k) will be meandering through the crowd making people even more uncomfortable than a duet by RuPaul and Meat Loaf.
Got a better/worse line-up than ours? Comment below or tweet
at us and/or comment below.