10 Pieces of Merch You Don't Want to Miss at This Year's Governors Ball
    • THURSDAY, JUNE 01, 2017

• Posted by: Larisha Paul

When you attend a concert, one of the biggest dilemmas you're faced with is whether or not you're going to brave the ridiculously long lines just to buy merch to keep as memorabilia from the night. The question of the night always ends up being, "is a $30 t-shirt worth standing in line for 25 minutes? and by the time you decide that it isn't worth the wait you're already next in line. Now, usually, you only have to make this decision for the main act you're seeing, and maybe the opener; but, with give or take 67 artists performing at this years Governors Ball, how will you decide without having an actual nervous breakdown? Don't worry. We know how difficult simple decision making can be, so to ease your pain this weekend we've come up with a list of 10 pieces of merch from artists performing that you won't want to miss out on (no matter how pricey they may be) so you'll know what to look for when you get to the festival, or if you want to snag them online and avoid the lines altogether.

10. Local Natives

Saturday, June 3rd

Sunlit Youth Denim Jacket $150

governors ball merch

Not gonna lie, the broke college student in me shed a couple of tears at the price - but the squeals of the irresponsible spender in me were louder than the sound of my weeping. I mean, really look at this jacket and tell me you don't absolutely have to have it in your closet.

9. Logic

Sunday, June 4th

Logic Black Space Patch Jacket $75

governors ball merch

Again, a little on the expensive side. But, it's worth it if it means I can wear the same jacket Logic did in his "Young Jesus" video. Almost the same.

8. Schoolboy Q

Friday, June 2nd

Girl Power L/S T-Shirt $40

governors ball merch

Tie-dye is still a thing, right? Like, a "socially acceptable to wear in public" thing?

7. Beach House

Friday, June 2nd

Long Sleeve Tour T-Shirt $30

gov ball merch

Beach House is definitely one act that a lot of people are looking forward to seeing this weekend, and since there's a chance of rain because New York can't decide whether it wants to be in spring or summer, you can wear this long sleeve tee and be prepared for whichever season falls on that day while still showing your Beach House love.

6. Phantogram

Sunday, June 4th

Phantogram Dog Hoodie $30

governors ball merch

I'm not sure what the policy on pets is for Gov Ball, but there was no way I wasn't going to include this. Does your dog know who Phantogram is? Probably not. Who cares. This is precious.

5. Judah and the Lion

Friday, June 2nd

Take It All Back Tee $25

governors ball merch

This one's a little Brandy Melville-ish, but still super trendy if you're into that sort of thing. 10/10 would recommend.

4. Ron Gallo

Sunday, June 4th

"Rock and Roll Isn't Dead... You Are" T-Shirt $20

gov ball merch

Nothing says fashion like an existential phrase that looks like it was written by a 4 year old, am I right? It looks like we might have another fashion festival on our hands over here - Coachella who?

3. ARIZONA

Saturday, June 3rd

A R I Z O N A hat $15

gov ball merch

I don't think there is a single trend I support more than the dad hat movement, honestly. This will be great for shielding you from the sun during performances, or for keeping your head from looking like a rats nest if it rains.

2. The Orwells

Sunday, June 4th

Old Time Flask $12

governors ball merch

You can't wear this one, but it's still worth the twelve bucks.

1. Franz Ferdinand

F.F.S (Logo) Badge Set $6.25

governors ball merch

We're down to our cheapest and least-commitment-demanding item on the list. No need to worry about centering your entire outfit around one article of clothing - just slap one of these buttons on and you're good to go. The "Piss Off" button is likely to come in handy on those days where you just cant be bothered to deal with other human beings.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

The Suffers live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Irontom live at Industry City

Irontom live at Industry City

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Live It Up

Live It Up

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.