21 Unexpected Things You'll Need to Camp Right at A Festival
  • FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

Are you taking a road trip to Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza this year? Whether you're a first time newbie or if you already know the ins and outs, it's always a good idea to prepare a checklist. Since packing can be stressful, we decided to put together our own list so that you don't have to.

1. CAMEL BACK
My dad always says, "Drink beer, water is for washing your hands," and in most cases, I'd agree with him. However, in a warm, sunny, active festival setting, drinking water is not only the most obvious, but it's also the most important. Camelbacks are a great way to stay hydrated, everywhere and anywhere. Strap one of these nifty reservoirs to your back and you're set for the day. So, have your fun, drink your booze, but stay hydrated!

2. MONEY BELT/FANNY PACK
We know, they're not exactly chic, but if there's one thing you should allow yourself to be practical about, it's this. No one likes to lose their shit, or worse, get robbed.

3. FRISBEE/HULA HOOP
If you're camping out, part of the fun is playing games! Hit up your festival friends before you head out to your first band of the day and get your blood flowing with these fest necessities.

4. BUBBLES
Question this all you want, bubbles have unparalleled mood setting value. Also, they make life like, 10x's more fun when you're... uh... not sober.

5. TOILET PAPER
You're going to be there for a couple of days, you are definitely going to have to go to the bathroom at some point. Toilet paper is NOT something you want to run out of, so bring a few extra rolls.

6. DRY SHAMPOO
Sure, there might be showers, but how good will they be? How much will they cost? More concernedly, how long will the lines be? Or maybe your schedule for the day is just too jam-packed with music that you don't have time for the frivolous shit, like hygiene. Resolve the fest buildup by throwing on some dry shampoo and voila, you are once again, Instagram ready.

7. FOOD
Festival food is overpriced and usually not that healthy. Bring your own grub to avoid burning a hole in your wallet and try to choose something that won't result in a midday sodium crash -- like fruit, nuts, or PB&J.

8. TENT
Another obvious one but also a necessity if you're camping out. Make sure you're coordinating with the people you're going with!

9. EXTRA SOCKS
Prepare to have many different substances enter your shoes -- mud, dirt, water, rocks, sweat, vomit, maybe even your own blood.

10. EXTRA SHOES
I attended Governor's Ball a few years back during that terrible rain storm. Because of the rain and mud, I naturally wore rain boots. Smart decision, right? NO. Because I didn't wear knee high socks, the rubber from the boot actually cut through my skin, resulting in a gnarly scar that I still have today. I really wish I had an extra pair of shoes that day so I didn't have to walk around and suffer in my own gashes.

11. ADVIL
You will probably get a headache from all of the noise and heat at some point.

12. EAR PLUGS
I know, I know... you're young and alive, ear plugs are for old people. Well, as mentioned above, there's going to be a lot of noise, ALL THE TIME, you'll be thankful you brought them when you collapse for a power nap.

13. A DISPOSABLE CAMERA
Getting drunk and taking lots of pictures with your friends on a disposable camera is the best thing to do because you can't see the photos until you get them developed. You don't remember a thing and then all of a sudden, BAM! Memories forever.

14. SUN VISOR
Don't be so quick to make fun of visors! I strongly believe we should make these come back in style (were they ever in style?) Think about it -- they hide your face from the sun AND they still allow your hair to be exposed so you can soak up those natural highlights. Perfect combo!

15. SUNSCREEN
Because the sun is trying to kill us all. Duh.

16. FACE PAINT
Think you're too cool for face paint? Well you're not, none of us are. Make it fun and give your sleeping friend a colorful makeover.

17. BACK IT UP
Before you leave, back up your phone and delete everything on it. The last thing you want is to run out of storage right when you go to snap a photo of the first band of the day. #DoItForTheInsta

18. PORTABLE PHONE CHARGER
Running around with a dead phone can be dangerous, and we all know the sense of doom that comes over us when we hit the 20% red zone, so make sure you have it charged up at all times.

19. FOAM ROLLER
If you have room for it, a foam roller can really come in handy at the end of the day or in the morning, when your body is sore from constantly standing, hula hooping for hours like a festing mega-babe or from writhing around in the grass joyously, you know, for whatever reason..

20. A HANDHELD DUAL FAN SPRAY BOTTLE
Thank us later when you're sweaty and filthy AF.

21. BLANKETS AND TOWELS
Extra, bring extra. They're a versatile necessity to have for sleep, for bathing, for sitting, for everything. Stay stocked on these.

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Circles

Circles

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

Neon Dad

Neon Dad

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Knox Hamilton live at Baeble HQ

Knox Hamilton live at Baeble HQ

Play It Out

Play It Out

Kayla Brianna live at The Bell House

Kayla Brianna live at The Bell House

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.