10 The xx Songs to Listen to at Night
    • FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017

• Posted by: Larisha Paul

Listening to a song during the day when you're out and about with your headphones in is a strikingly different experience than listening late at night when you're in bed with much less on your mind. Night time is usually when the song lyrics start to hit a little closer to home, and you start getting into your feelings a little.

In honor of the return of their Night + Day festival, previously based in Brixton but now taking place in Iceland, we're taking a look at the top 10 songs by English band The xx to listen to at night.

10. "Infinity"

A post messy breakup song about caring too much and not being able to find love again. This song is just overflowing with lyrics that make you confront your past and what may be in store for your future. Good luck.

9. "Swept Away"

Were you thinking about someone you've been missing? No? Well, you are now. Sorry.

8. "Performance"

With lyrics like "I want you to notice / but you just don't see" and "It is a performance / I do it all so / you won't see my hurting," this song is surely made to be a part of a 'Try Not to Cry' challenge. What a fun game to play alone at 1am.

7. "A Violent Noise"

A song about escaping your feelings, while being forced to confront your feelings in the dark of the night? Oh, absolutely. There are some strong "you can run, but you can't hide" vibes happening here.

6. "Shelter"

"Maybe I had said something that was wrong." Alright, cue thinking through everything you've ever said to anyone and coming up with alternatives that might have made more sense to say.

5. "Night Time"

Well, obviously, you'd listen to "Night Time" at night time. Listen during late night thunderstorms for maximum melancholy.

4. "Tides"

Ah, abandonment. A wonderful topic to explore in the depths of the night. Don't worry though, the smooth bass line keeps you from diving too deep. It's all good.

3. "Angels"

Are you in love? Great, then maybe this won't be so bad for you - as long as you don't mind thinking about the concept of losing your significant other. Not in love but you want to be? This might be a rough ride for you, bud.

2. "Test Me"

Nothing like a 4 minute song that only has a little over a minute of actual singing to leave you with 3 minutes of silence during which you're left alone with your thoughts.

1. "Say Something Loving"

This song deals with the struggle of thinking you want to be with someone but not being entirely sure if your feelings are authentic, and, honestly, what better time to think about something like that than at 12:16am?00
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

The Suffers live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.