5 Reasons to Believe that Gene Simmons is an Insufferable Idiot
  • WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 2016

• Posted by: Baeble Staff

If anyone needs to get ahold of their life in this world, it's Gene Simmons: a reprehensible husk of a man, brimming with rude, misinformed, and offensive statements. While the world grieves the loss of another music legend, Gene Simmons takes it upon himself to heedlessly shit on the late Prince's character, and thusly, his musical legacy. Sure, we can laugh at Gene's ridiculousness as though he were a low-budget SNL parody of himself, we can marvel at the fact that he bore two seemingly well-adjusted kids, and think reassuringly to ourselves, "If that creep Gene Simmons can do it, maybe I can too!" Most days, we can brush off his light speed stupidity and take comfort in his irrelevance, but today, we would like to take a moment to reflect on his epic depravity.

1. When he made a statement about drug addicts

In an interview with Songfacts back in 2014, Gene Simmons made a comment about bandmates, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss that didn't quite sit well with Motley Crue member, Nikki Sixx. In an especially offensive statement, Simmons expressed his disgust for drug addicts and mental illness:

"Drug addicts and alcoholics are always: 'The world is a harsh place.' My mother was in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. I don't want to hear fuck-all about 'the world is a harsh place.' She gets up every day, smells the roses and loves life. For a putz, 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed, I live in Seattle.' Fuck you, then kill yourself."

Nikki Sixx, a recovered drug addict, responded by calling Simmons comments, "pretty moronic" and that starting treatment and getting sober was the hardest thing he's ever done. According to Nikki Sixx, and every other compassionate, reasonable human being, there is a way out of drug addiction and depression, further proving that Simmons is a raging ignoramus who is perfectly content to be wearing his ass as a hat.

2. His predatory and pedophilic songs

As it may be true that songs of a darker nature are a part of Gene Simmons persona... he went a little overboard with a few of them. If he's not referencing demonic shit in his lyrics, he's bringing up sexual exploitation of a minor like in, "Goin' Blind" from Hotter Than Hell with lyrics that state, "I'm 93, you're 16..." Uh, are you saying you're a 93-year-old man singing to a 16-year-old girl? Gross. And in the track, "Watchin' You," from the same album, he stalks and fetishizes a limping woman, "Limping as you do / and I'm watching you." Perfect.

3. When he bragged about sleeping with almost 5,000 girls

In nearly four decades of touring with KISS, Gene Simmons said he took polaroid photos of each of the women he slept with and he claims the number is almost at 5,000. He said for a while, he'd make the women stand in front of the hotel room where the "magic" (or lack thereof) happened, promising that, "If you're a rock star, you will get some. Even if you're Lemmy." He's talking about Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead and Simmons said his numbers were particularly low at "only" 1,200 (compared to his 4,800+). For as long as KISS has been an active band, there has been accusations of sexual assault and harassment made against Simmons, so who knows how many of those 5,000 women gave their "consent." If he's not bedding a sprawling populous of unsuspecting women, he's getting his rocks off by groping an LA make-up artist who sued him for inappropriate physical contact before an ESPN appearance. Classier than never, Gene.

4. When his greatest advice was to tell poor people to be nicer to rich people

A few years ago, Gene Simmons had a predictably bold and uncaring opinion on wealth disparity in the United States. While perched atop his fluid soaked throne of bobble-head profits, Simmons explained how it feels to be part of the 1 percent:

"It's fantastic! The 1 percent pays 80 percent of all taxes. Fifty percent of the population of the U.S. pays no taxes. The 1 percent provides all the jobs for everybody else. If the 1 percent didn't exist, there would be chaos and the American economy would drop dead. Try being nice to rich people. I don't remember the last poor person who gave me a job."

First off, the statement is all wrong. The top 1% pays somewhere between 26 to 34 percent of taxes, according to TPC. Fifty percent of the population of the U.S. pays no taxes? Whatever the hell you say, Gene.

5. When he called Prince's death "pathetic"

If you haven't heard yet, Gene made some headlines after lending his boundless wisdom to unpacking the circumstances surrounding Prince's death, calling the late music icon, "pathetic." Unfortunately, Gene expanded on that by making a futile and totally unnecessary comparison to Bowie's passing, which Simmons deemed excusable, as it was a "real sickness." Simmons has since apologized, but really, who gives a shit? Not Gene!

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Lucius live at Baeble HQ

Lucius live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Kaleo live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Kaleo live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Tor Miller live at The Baeble Bounce House

Tor Miller live at The Baeble Bounce House

The Strumbellas live at Baeble HQ

The Strumbellas live at Baeble HQ

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.