6 Times Lorde Proved She Was a Total Bad Ass
    • THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2017

• Posted by: Mandi Dudek

Lorde has been a badass since the New Zealand-native first got signed at only 13-years-old. And the badass moments havent stopped since. At 14, Lorde spent her time taking singing lessons, reading short fiction and learning how to put words together. She released her debut album, Pure Heroin, at 16 - which was in the top five of charts all over the world and sold millions and millions of copies. She quickly began touring for her debut album while also performing at awards shows and headlining music festivals. Just like any other teenager, right?

The world quickly fell in love with Lorde. The now 20-year-old has been dubbed a musical prodigy and even David Bowie said she's "the future of music." Lorde left Bowie's son speechless after she performed Bowie's "Life On Mars" at the 2016 Brit Awards. And just when we thought we couldn't love Lorde more, she proves us wrong. The singer-songwriter solidified her status as pop's DGAF singer when she shrugged off producer Max Martin's comment about "Greenlight" being "incorrect songwriting." Psh, you can't tear this girl down.

Lorde's upcoming album, Melodrama, will be dropping on June 16th, which will be her first album since Pure Heroin. We've decided to take a look back on the moments where Lorde made us fall in love with her attitude.

1. When Lorde shared before and after photos of herself to remind us that were all human.

In a world of editing, photoshop and plastic surgery, Lorde reminded us that everybody has flaws. What makes it even better is that Lorde found it a little strange that the media had to edit a photo of her performing on stage to make her look "flawless." Lesson learned here: embrace your flaws.

And she pointed out over-editing on more than one occasion, too.

2. Because Lorde keeps it real, at all times.

While were on the subject of being comfortable in your own skin, Lorde also keeps it 100% all the time. And she doesn't hesitate to show her 5 million followers on Instagram and Twitter how real she can get.

greetings from the flu cave

A post shared by Lorde (@lordemusic) on

in bed in paris with my acne cream on

Goodnight

airports got me like

And we'll never forget when she rocked a cast at the Met Ball...

FIBREGLASS AND TULLE

And had all her famous friends sign it...

if u ever wanna know who was at the 2016 met gala they're all on my arm ??

3. Because Lorde curated a soundtrack for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I and was nominated for a Golden Globe.

When Lorde was barely 18-years-old, not only did she hand-pick artists to create the soundtrack for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and make the lead single for it, but Lorde was nominated for a freakin' GOLDEN GLOBE, too. And she was SO grateful for the opportunity. Major *badass* points.

my statement - first words i typed at 6am nz time. thankyou so much for this. i'm floating.

4. Because Lorde appreciates her fans like no other.

Lorde knows she wouldn't be where she is if it wasn't for her fans. She openly expresses her love for her fans whenever she can. I mean, she even took out a whole page in a New Zealand newspaper to personally thank her fans once. And Lorde freaks out over fan art.

sean ????????

5. When Lorde was the first female AND solo artist to ever win Best Rock Video at the VMAs.

Uh, BADASS.

6. When Lorde released the video for "Green Light" and it wasn't like anything she's released before.

And proved that Lorde can do anything she wants.

Hot Baeble Videos
    Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

The Suffers live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.