Staying on top of the latest developments in the music industry can be tough. Sometimes so much can happen in a single week that big news can get lost between the cracks. We're here to refresh your memories by reminding you of what happened this week in always quick, often snarky sentences.
1) Chvrches unleashed what could only be described as a soundtrack to a late 80s arcade
game in their full performance at Hype Hotel.
2) Jay-Z didn't pass 5th grade geography
, became a millionaire anyway, and ethered
the U.S legislative branch for criticizing his trip to Cuba.
3) PSY and Justin Bieber cling to relevancy
like a koala bear to a tree by dropping new crap on the same day.
4) Ivan and Alyosha remind us that Mumford and Sons in no way have a monopoly
on super catchy folk these days.
5) Take a look at these awesome people hanging out
, because their friends are cooler than yours.
6) The Knife gave us Shaking The Habitual,
one of the freakiest
, most political, and beautiful albums since Radiohead's Hail To The Thief.
7) The organizers of Coachella completely shit the bed
on their schedule this year.
8) Daft Punk is going where?
9) Queens of the Stone Age are still really pissed
off and their new song screams it.
10) Jimmy Eat World took some time to make a new album and we realized it's been nearly 20 years
since their debut.
11) Hundred Waters twinkled up some musical mind control
at Hype Hotel.
12) Why are we still talking
about Ray J?
13) We faced the fact
that Zooey was never going to be our girl.