10 Women Dominating Pop Music Today
  • WEDNESDAY, MARCH 08, 2017

• Posted by: Alyssa Torres

It's March 8th, girls! You know what that means, time to play your favorite girl power anthems and go stand up for your rights! Although you should probably do that every day, today is International Women's Day, a day to recognize the struggles women face as well as their achievements. For a lot of people around the world, their favorite musicians are the ones they look up to the most. Here are 10 female artists who have a major influence on their fans and a massive footprint on pop music and the world overall.

1. Beyonce

Well this one was obvious. Beyonce is one of the most influential ladies on this list, with her girl power anthems such as "Run The World (Girls)." She stood up for young women all her career and continues to inspire the current generation, sometimes just by being herself.

2. Sara Bareilles

Pretty sure Bareilles' voice is enough to prove what women are capable of... But then she also writes remarkable songs like "She Used To Be Mine" (below) and "Brave." Yeah, our love for her is strong.

3. Ingrid Michaelson

In "Girls Chase Boys," Ingrid Michaelson supports girls, boys, boys dressed like girls, girls like boys... You get it. Because humans are humans and everyone rocks.

4. Sia

She steers away from the public eye and performs with her face hidden, which means that she'd rather have the attention directed towards her music instead of her persona. Having people respect you solely for your art is inspiring as hell.

5. Lady Gaga

Not only does Gaga actively support the LGBT community, but she also empowers women with her songs and is an advocate against sexual assault.

6. Nicki Minaj

During her acceptance speech for the Best Female Hip Hop Artist Award at the BET awards a while back, she stated, "I thank God that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven."

7. Fifth Harmony

Promising to stay together, Fifth Harmony sends the message to women to be kind to one and another and to support each other rather than start drama and bring each other down.

8. Adele

Adele is super classy when she sings and super funny when she talks - how can you not love her? P.S. She even gave half of her Grammy to fellow nominee, Beyonce.

9. Rihanna

Her confidence is strongly admired but also in some ways helps other females be themselves. Now we can say things like "I'm embracing my inner Rihanna."

10. Grimes and Janelle Monae

Grimes and Janelle Monae are inspirational on their own, but together they are one hell of a power team. Pairing up for the track "Venus Fly," both Monae and Grimes are an incredible creative force of female energy.

Hot Baeble Videos
Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

SUSTO live at Baeble HQ

SUSTO live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.