• 5 Can't-Miss Netflix Music Documentaries
    As I navigate my way through the labyrinth of Netflix instant stream documentaries, I notice a common trend - music documentaries are outstanding. Sure, I enjoy my fair share of crime-solving and inspiring cultural docs, but there's something about the story of a musician and/or band that speaks to me, and I'm certain that I am not alone.

But why do music documentaries resonate so well? It's all about the human struggle. No matter whom the artist is, superstar or street performer, they shared, at some point, the painstaking labors of ambition. This quality is relevant to us all, and it's one that shows no sign of receding.

As a self-proclaimed Netflix documentary professional, I sorted through the masses to uncover my five favorites that you shouldn't miss.

5. Life After Django Reinhardt

A documentary celebrating the life of pioneering gypsy guitarist Django Reinhardt.

4. Bombay Beach

Although it's not a documentary about a particular artist, the soundtrack was, however, pieced together by Zach Condon of Beirut and Bob Dylan, and it's brilliant.

3. The Swell Season

We fell in love with the duo of Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova back in 2007 when they co-starred in Once. This documentary tells the true story of the unlikely couple's rise to prominence.

2. Who Is Harry Nilsson

Harry Nilsson is one of the greatest song writers of all time, and there's a good chance you were never aware of his immense impact on the music industry.

1. Anvil: The Story Of Anvil

Two best friends, inches away from ascending the rock god mountain in 1984, cut short and sent back to their day jobs. It's a heart-wrenching story of two artists who never gave up on their dream nor each other.

Have any suggestions of what I should check out? Let me know in the comments below.

Blog Entry By: Matt Howard 

MORE BAEBLE BLOG ENTRIES
Baeble Videos

Baeble Session
AUGUSTINES 10.24.2013 WATCH

Baeble Session
BAYSIDE 2.19.2014 WATCH

Baeble Concert
CHARLI XCX LIVE AT HYPE HOTEL 3.14.2013 WATCH

Baeble Concert
CHVRCHES LIVE AT HYPE HOTEL 3.14.2013 WATCH
Baeble Session