2012 of the day: will.i.am named creative director of intel
  • THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 03, 2011

• Posted by: Joe Puglisi

When professional weirdo Lady Gaga was named creative director of Polaroid, some people were worried that it might mark a trend of large brands trying to associate themselves with cool artists beyond the typical advertisement soundtrack AND THEY WERE RIGHT. Yesterday Intel announced that Will.i.am, the producer, philanthropist, entrepreneur, and Black Eyed Pea (among other things) can add "director of creative innovation" to his resume. If his resume is anything like a Black Eyed Peas song, it will say "director of creative innovation" over and over and over and over while Taboo pretends to rap.

Intel's press release gave the world a nice quote:

"Nearly everything I do involves processors and computers, and when I see an Intel chip I think of all the creative minds involved that help to amplify my own creativity," said will.i.am. "Teaming up with the scientists, researchers and computer programmers at Intel to collaborate and co-develop new ways to communicate, create, inform and entertain is going to be amazing."

WilL.O.L. If Will's innovation is anything like it is in the pop music world, expect an Intel chip that tastes like cardboard, plays a lot in the Jersey Shore, and gets sued for copyright infringement.

Other potential "Creative Director" spots:

- Ke$ha for Hefty

JUST SAYING. [via.]

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Safe Place To Land

Safe Place To Land

Hollywood

Hollywood

Alexisonfire live at Hordern Pavilion

Alexisonfire live at Hordern Pavilion

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.