7 Songs That Should've Played When 'La La Land' Didn't Win
    • MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2017

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

Unless you're like me and you slept through The Oscars because you had the flu, you know about the huge (and hilarious) mishap where La La Land was announced as the winner of Best Picture when really, it was Moonlight. Basically, presenters Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were handed the wrong envelope for what is only the most important award in the movie industry, announced La La Land as the winner, and then had the entire cast come up to accept only to tell them to go sit back down. Although this was extremely embarrassing for the Academy Awards, it was hilarious for viewers (I Googled all of this after awaking from my flu coma).

It was an epic moment that will go down in history, and would've been even more epic if one of these songs were playing...

1. "It's Not You" - Halestorm

"No offense, I'm in love with somebody... And it's not you." The Oscars were probably like, "Sorry La La Land, you were cool and everything, but nah."

2. "I Don't Love You" - My Chemical Romance

With all of La La Land's Oscar nominations/wins, it seems as though the movie was in a relationship with the award show - so this song is kind of like their breakup...

3. "Never Be Like You" - Flume (ft. Kai)

"I'm only human can't you see, I made a mistake," is what the stagehand who handed Warren Beatty the wrong card cried right before getting fired.

4. "I Don't F**k With You" - Big Sean (ft. E-40)

What the cast of Moonlight sang in Emma Stone's face immediately after finding out they won.

5. "Perfect Illusion" - Lady Gaga

La La Land didn't win Best Picture, it was just a perfect illusion.

6. "Sorry" - Justin Bieber

"Look, I know I just announced the wrong movie for Best Picture on live television in front of millions of viewers... But is it too late now to say sorry?"

7. "All I Do Is Win" - Dj Khaled (ft. Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-Pain & Snoop Dogg)

When the Moonlight cast walks on stage to redeem their award.
    Hot Baeble Videos
    Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Alvarez Kings live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Jade Bird live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

Skylar Stecker live at Baeble HQ

The Suffers live at Industry City

The Suffers live at Industry City

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Melanie Martinez live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.