It's Valentine's Day! We don't have a lengthy feature on indie rock power-couples (most have split...), or the power of a good song to break your heart, but we did take a few minutes to neatly compile ten songs from our collection with the word "love" in them-- from the positive to the peturbed, it's a playlist for wherever your heart is on this particular v-day. It's a special mid-week edition of the mixtape, cherish it, bring it flowers, and don't be late for dinner-- even if it's dinner for one. We've all been there.
Totally unintentionally listed a whole bunch of hilariously sequential questions towards the end there. The mix starts out a bit wispy (the prototypical Bon Iver tear-jerker) but as you can see, things quickly get dance-y.
The image above was obtained by Googling "indie love"-- not kidding.
New! Listen to the mixtape on Spotify!
Scroll Through The Player To Listen To All The Songs On the Mixtape
1. "Skinny Love" - Bon Iver
- For Emma, Forever Ago
2. "Love Kills" - Robyn
- Body Talk, Pt. 2
3. "Love Out Of Lust" - Lykke Li
- Wounded Rhymes
4. "Two Lovers" - The Rural Alberta Advantage
5. "Love Is All" - The Tallest Man On Earth
- The Wild Hunt
6. "Is This Love?" - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
7. "How Deep Is Your Love?" - The Rapture
- In The Grace Of Your Love
8. "Is Love Forever?" - Spoon
9. "Whole Love" - Wilco
- The Whole Love
10. "Abridge My Love" - WATERS
- Out In The Light