12 Songs For A Lovely Valentine's Day
  • FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

Are you in love this Valentine's Day? We picked 12 indie songs for you to listen to so you can be in love and still look cool at the same time.

Foster The People - "I Would Do Anything For You"

This is the type of song that you listen to while jumping for joy in the middle of the street, even if there are cars. Because that's how happily in love you are.

Charli XCX - "What I Like"

If you're a laid back person who would much rather chill on the couch and stay inside with the one you love, Charli XCX has your back with this one.

Flight Facilities - "Crave You" feat. Giselle

If you have a "crush" on someone from afar but they aren't reciprocating, send them this song so they can get the hint in time for V day. If they still don't get it after this well, then maybe you should start looking for someone else.

Carly Rae Jepsen - "I Really Like You"

What better way to tell someone how you feel than "I really, really, really, REALLY like you"?

Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Cocoon"

If you want to listen to a love song but you don't want to get too mushy-gushy, Van McCann does a good job of making you feel like an edgy, badass who doesn't give a shit (even though you totally do).

The Drums - "Money"

Unfortunately, we expect gifts on this holiday (thanks, Hallmark) but if you *literally* can't afford anything, send this to your lover boy/girl so they can lower their expectations.

Father John Misty - "I Love You, Honeybear"

It feels as if the title track off of Father John Misty's album I Love You, Honeybear was written just for this day. In fact, the whole love-infested album is perfect.

Gavin James - "For You (Bearcubs Remix)"

Bearcubs' remix of this Gavin James track will make you fall in love at first listen with its steady synths and James' vulnerable vocals. Go on, get your dance on.

Miguel - "Coffee"

Almost every Miguel song is super romantic...Let's face it, it's straight up baby-making music. Listen to this if you're feeling *extra* sensual.

Real Estate - "It's Real"

With twangy guitars and minimal vocals, this track is super relaxing to listen to. Even though there aren't a ton of lyrics, it's just enough to reassure your partner that you're super into them.

Baths - "You're My Excuse To Travel"

Will Wiesenfeld, aka Baths, aggressively sings "It is the simplest shit that means the most," over glitchy yet somehow still pure beats. When it comes down to it, it really is the simple shit. Thanks, Will.

James Bay - "If You Ever Want To Be In Love"

Bay wonders about what could've been with a potential lover in the past. If this is something you can relate to, then turn up this soulful jam.

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Johnnyswim live at Baeble HQ

Johnnyswim live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Knox Hamilton live at Baeble HQ

Knox Hamilton live at Baeble HQ

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.