8 Songs That Should've Been Nominated for a 2017 Grammy
  • THURSDAY, DECEMBER 08, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

The complete list of Grammy nominees has been released, and you know what that means: time to complain about our favorite artists getting snubbed. Hey Grammys, we know you love Adele and Beyonce, but remember these guys? They all made something pretty damn amazing, too.

1. Calvin Harris - "This Is What You Came For (Ft. Rihanna)"

Come on, this is a great pop song, and whether you admit it or not, you kind of like it. Plus, wouldn't The Grammys eat up all of the Taylor Swift drama that came with this song? They give a Grammy to anything Swift touches!

2. Mitski - "Your Best American Girl"

Mitski's storytelling is a serious gift. This was one of the greatest indie songs of the year so... that should be enough of a reason.

3. Bon Iver - "33 'GOD'"

22, A Million was actually nominated for Best Alternative Album, so that's nice. However, this song is so good, they should nominate it on its own for Record of the Year.

4. Frank Ocean - "Pink + White"

Apparently Frank Ocean did not get snubbed by The Grammys - his label didn't submit Blonde or Endless for consideration at all. And they did it on purpose. In an interview with The New York Times, Ocean explained, "I think the infrastructure of the awarding system and the nomination system and screening system is dated...I'd rather this be my Colin Kaepernick moment for the Grammys than sit there in the audience." It actually makes a whole lot of sense, and we've gained a whole new respect for Ocean because of that - it makes us want to gift him with heaps of awards.

5. Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam - "A 1000 Times"

This was easily one of the most underrated songs of the year - the lively vocals, the lyrics, the production... It's definitely deserving of an award.

6. The 1975 - "Somebody Else"

This song spread everywhere. It was hard to shake off for a while. The melancholy, the synths... Again, another slice of perfection - and the video that goes along with it is equally as amazing. Seriously - how'd they not score any nominations? (We can't really count their nomination for 'Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package').

7. James Blake - "Radio Silence"

James Blake produced one of the best records of the year (The Colour In Anything) so how did he not walk away with any nominations? He's collaborated with half of the people who were nominated (Beyonce, Bon Iver).

8. Blood Orange - "Best To You"

Blood Orange, a.k.a. singer/producer Dev Hynes, released his album Freetown Sound at the most appropriate time. At the height of racial injustice, this record is super important and deserving of an award.
Hot Baeble Videos
Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.