7 Memorable NYE Performances Of The Past
  • WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2014

• Posted by: Rebecca Chodorkoff

New Years Eve is a time for nostalgia. It's also a time for glitzy, often over produced, TV specials with high energy "it" artists performing they're chart topping song. Check out these New Years Eve performances of years past, because they best capture that special energy, that intangible something that defines the feeling of a time, and of course, a glittery polished production. And now, the countdown (in no particular order)

7. NYE 2013/14: Mariah Carey performs a medley of my favorite Mariah Carey songs, which, incidentally are my favorite songs, period! This performance is lightyears above her recent jaunt at Rockefeller Center, showing just us all just how much can change in a year.

6. NYE 2010/11: Willow Smith "Whip My Hair." Okay, before you start moaning and groaning about how Willow Smith is a spoiled so-and-so who doesn't read books because the books that she writes herself are just way better, watch this performance that she gave on December 31st, 2010, when she was only ten years old, and already far more successful and talented then you or I could ever hope to be.

5. NYE 1997/98 Spice Girls. SPICE GIRLS. Everything they did was the best. Girl Power.

4. NYE 1999/2000 No Doubt "Spiderwebs" Gwen Stefani had pink hair and braces, yet still managed to be the hottest performance to happen on New Year's Eve.

3. NYE 2005/06 Pussycat Dolls "Don't Cha" Not usually my cup of tea, but this is the kind of performance I want to help ring in the new year.

2. NYE 2012/2013 PSY "Gangnam Style": Did you know that PSY officially ended his hit song "Gangnam Style" during this New Year's Eve performance? And MC Hammer was there? There is actually something quite classy about knowing when you have hammered a song to death (no pun intented MC Hammer), and deciding to gracefully refuse to ever play it again.

1. NYE 2011/2012 LMFAO "Sexy And I Know It" No duh Red Foo.

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Kaleo live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Kaleo live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Disclosure live at Hype Hotel

Disclosure live at Hype Hotel

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.