5 Songs to Play During Your Big Midnight Kiss on New Year's Eve
  • FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

There are two types of people on New Year's Eve: the people who are super laid-back about it, who have a casual night in with their friends, and then there are people who spend weeks in advance shopping for the perfect outfit and scheduling the perfect plans. I try to be the latter - it's always my intention to have an unforgettable night, but then I usually wind up getting disappointed due to my high expectations.

BUT, that doesn't mean I won't keep trying. I don't like to learn from my mistakes. I will continue to romanticize this silly holiday (where really, nothing ever happens) and pretend that something will happen. Yes, I will have that perfect outfit, and yes, I'll be going to that perfect party. And you know what else? I will have that perfect kiss at midnight! Ladies, don't act like it's not on your mind. It is. We wait all year for this moment. We picture exactly where we'll be and who we'll be with, but you know what we don't always think to plan? Which song will be playing when he/she goes to plant that big wet one on ya. So, here are a couple of songs that will help set the mood and be extremely appropriate for this glorious, perfect, something-out-of-The Notebook moment.

1. Elvis Presley - "Can't Help Falling In Love"

If you kiss while this song is playing, get ready to cry your eyes out... I always picture this as a classic for the holidays. It will give you ALL of the feels.

2. Nathan Sykes ft. G-Eazy - "Give It Up"

This song is perfect if you and your ~lover~ are more ~sensual~ people who are just looking to party and dance while you kiss.

3. The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk - "I Feel It Coming"

This song has the perfect amount of sentimental emotion and danceability, so ya'll can get your kiss on and then go dance. Maybe semi-slow dance. But not full on slow dance.

4. Carly Rae Jepsen - "Run Away With Me"

Oh man, this song would be SO good to listen to as the ball drops. Jepsen is a hopeless romantic, and now, so are you.

5. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone (La La Land) - "City of Stars"

If you and your significant other are having a quiet night in, this might be the song for you. Gosling and Stone's chemistry will rub off on you and leave you in a stunningly romantic haze. Nothing better to listen to when the clock strikes 12.
Hot Baeble Videos
Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Tigertown live at Industry City

Tigertown live at Industry City

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

exclusive interview

exclusive interview

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.