7 Artists Who Hate Their Own Hit
  • FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2014

• Posted by: Lily Trotta

Their song may have hit the top 10, but that doesn't mean its staying power has always been a blessing to the artist. Check out these musicians who are so over their own hit, they wish it never existed!

1. 'Here Come Your Man' - The Pixies

Although Black Francis wrote 'Here Comes Your Man' before the Pixies even existed, the song didn't make it onto either of their first two albums. In fact, it's only included on Doolittle out of pressure from producer Gil Norton. Francis himself is "embarrassed" by how poppy the song is in comparison with the rest of the Pixies catalog.

2. 'Creep' - Radiohead

Perhaps the most famous case of self-loathing in music, Radiohead absolutely refuses to play 'Creep' live and has even asked their supporting acts to perform it so that they don't have to.

3. 'Party in the USA' - Miley Cyrus

Miley says that her 13 year-old self would have beaten up her 17 year-old self "for being a sellout." Putting aside the ridiculous sellout comment (because Hannah Montana), let's address the main issue here. I hated 'Party in the USA' when it came out, and had to hear it about 500 times before it grew on me. But 'Party in the USA' is basically my religion now, and it saddens me that Miley would trash what is obviously her best work.

4. 'Stairway to Heaven' - Led Zeppelin

Robert Plant once said that if he had to perform Zeppelin's famous ballad again he would "break out in hives." Fair enough.

5. 'Telephone' - Lady Gaga

Okay, Beyonce fans. Take a deep breath and count slowly to ten. Lady Gaga doesn't blame Bey for the video turned out, she just wishes she had "edited herself" a bit more. I think a lot of people wish you would edit yourself more, Gaga. Just take it day by day.

6. '(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)' - The Beastie Boys

Adam Yauch wrote on the liner for Sounds of Science that the band included this song "because it sucks." Although it was meant to be ironic, some fans (who the song is actually making fun of) took 'Fight For Your Right' a little too literally.

7. 'Brown Eyed Girl' - Van Morrison

'Brown Eyed Girl' may be the most popular song of Van Morrison's career, but the singer once told TIME, "I have about 300 songs I think are better."

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Kayla Brianna live at The Bell House

Kayla Brianna live at The Bell House

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

The Oh Hellos live at Baeble HQ

The Oh Hellos live at Baeble HQ

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.