10 Diss Songs About Famous People
  • FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2014

• Posted by: Lily Trotta

Sun Kil Moons Mark Kozelek has been making headlines lately for his pretty much one-sided feud against The War On Drugs. Kozeleks battle culminated last week in a song entitled War On Drugs: Suck My Cock. In its honor, here are ten other non-rap diss tracks that have ruffled feathers (if I included hip hop, I'd be here all day).

1.You're So Vain Carly Simon

One of Carly Simons most well-known songs, You're So Vain is certainly about one of Simons ex-beaus. There was even a 38-year-long debate over which one: Kris Kristofferson, Mick Jagger, Warren Beatty. In 2010, Simon revealed the song is actually about openly gay producer David Geffen.

2. Lost Ones Lauryn Hill

Much of The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill disses her former Fugees bandmates. This song in particular targets former bandmate and boyfriend Wyclef Jean, whom she calls a hypocrite and compares to a serpent.

3. So Legit Lana Del Rey

Lana laments Brooklyn in this track, wondering how it lost its punk rock edge and asking if we've all gone "Gaga crazy." Specifically, she takes aim at Gwen Stefani, saying "Stefani, you suck, I know you're selling twenty million / Wish they could have seen you when we booed you off in Williamsburg." Poor sad Gwenny.

4. Taylor Swift in general.

Obviously, I had to compile this into one category. Some notable examples are Dear John (about John Mayer), Back to December (about Taylor Lautner), and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (about Jake Gyllenhaal). Actually, she just released a new track this morning at midnight that reportedly was written about Harry Styles. Whatever, T-Swift.

5. KKK Took My Baby Away The Ramones

Who knew there was such girl drama in the Ramones! Apparently, Johnny stole Joey's girlfriend and married her, so Joey wrote this track comparing him to the KKK. The interesting part is that Johnny actually played guitar for the song. The two went on to have a famous feud that lasted the rest of their lives.

6. Fuck You Lily Allen

Lily Allen summarized basically everyones feelings about George W. Bush during his second term as president with lines like "No one wants your opinion." She was most inspired to write the song by Bush's views on LGBT rights. Thanks, Lilz.

7. You Oughtta Know Alanis Morissette

Alanis Morissette wrote this classic 90s anthem after her breakup with Full House actor Dave Coulier. Uncle Joey was such a studmuffin.

8. You Get What You Give New Radicals

These '90s one hit wonders weren't picky about who they dissed, as long as they were famous. Beck, Hanson, Courtney Love, Marilyn Manson...fuck 'em.

9. Circle the Drain Katy Perry

Circle the Drain chronicles Gym Class Heroes Travie McCoy's drug addiction as it tested and ultimately destroyed his two-year relationship with Perry. Katy kills it with lines like You fall asleep during foreplay / 'Cause the pills you take are more your forte. Yikes.

10. Cry Me A River Justin Timberlake

This song is the best thing to come out of Justin and Britney. After getting into an argument with then-girlfriend Britney Spears, Justin wrote and recorded Cry Me A River and even cast a Britney doppelgnger in the music video.

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

Shovels and Rope live at Baeble HQ

Knox Hamilton live at Baeble HQ

Knox Hamilton live at Baeble HQ

Johnnyswim live at Baeble HQ

Johnnyswim live at Baeble HQ

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Elliphant live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Bears Den live at Baeble HQ

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.