10 Emo Christmas Songs
  • THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2016

• Posted by: Jinae Moss

Just because it's Christmas doesn't mean we have to ruin the emo cred we work so hard for all year 'round. So instead of being weak and turning on Ella Fitzgerald, let's keep things rock 'n' roll with these killer covers, performed by all of our emo faves - Flyleaf, My Chemical Romance, and more.

1. Flyleaf - "What's This?"

What's this? Whats this? The perfect cover for someone who doesn't feel like singing traditional Christmas Carols with their family! Fall Out Boy sang it better (just saying), but why not change it up a bit? Sometimes, we just need a heavier, slower, headbanger of our own if we're spending the holidays alone.

2. Panic! At The Disco - "White Christmas"

Anyone that listens to Panic! At The Disco wouldn't back down from this low pitched, 1 minute long Christmas carol. It's also unbelievable how a lot of people are still just finding out about this cover 6 years later! If you really want to get into the Christmas spirit, bump this and keep it on repeat... Trust: This song is amazingly catchy when Brendon sings it.

3. Relient K - "12 Days Of Christmas"

Yep! It starts off like the original "12 Days Of Christmas", but the song is being questioned as it goes along. "What's a partridge? What's a pear tree? I don't know, so please don't ask me. But I can bet those are terrible gifts to give". He's actually got a point. Honestly, have you ever seen a pear tree?

4. Fall Out Boy - "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out"

Well, well, well! Somebody doesn't wanna be bothered during Christmas by a special someone. There's so many rip-off Christmas puns in this song while talking about wishing someone away for the holidays. The beginning of the song starting off as the famous "Jingle Bells", followed by a sneak-in lyric from "12 Days Of Christmas", all with a twist! "the gifts you'll be receiving from me: one awkward silence, two hopes you cry yourself to sleep..."

Jeez! Who broke this mans' heart?

5. All Time Low - "Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass"

Oh "deer"! Another broken heart. Who knew that a Christmas song can be so vulgar? It kinda sucks having to be left alone on one of the most loving holidays of the year, don't you think? The second part of the chorus really gives away how upset Alex must've been at the time. Poor thing! You'd chuckle every time you hear it.

"When I gave you my heart,
You ripped it apart,
Like wrapping paper trash,
So I wrote you a song,
I hope that you sing along,
and it goes
'Merry Christmas,
Kiss my Ass!'"

6. Simple Plan - "My Christmas List"

Surely everyone wants something for Christmas that they don't really need... I mean we DO need "a life", but according to Pierre, it's one thing on his list he feels he doesn't need in the first place. Yikes! Emo AF. The rest of the list is kind of lit, though. A car, a first class trip to Hawaii, a lifetime supply of skittles and slurpees and eskimo pies? It's a heart attack on paper, but imagine having the money for all of it. It's a toddler's dream come true!

7. Blink 182 - "Won't Be Home For Christmas"

Do you have a loved one who reminds you too much of The Grinch? Well, you could always dedicate this song to them! It would definitely put a smile on their face, if they know that this is how they sound when they talk badly about Christmas:

"So I stand with a dead smile on my face
Wondering how much of my time they'll waste
Oh, God, I hate these Satan's helpers

And then again I must've snapped
Because I grabbed the baseball bat
And made them all run for shelter."

That is just so mean! But other than that, it's hilarious.

8. My Chemical Romance - "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

This is something to share with your younger siblings if you're more into a "Halloween" kind of mood, instead. Results: probably a month of punishment, a good laugh and probably absolutely no presents at all. But hey, at least it'd put a smile on your face. Maybe, you could make it up to everyone by playing the Mariah Carey version.

9. Korn - "Kidnap The Sandy Claws"

Still in more of a "Halloween" mood? Korn will always be there to save the holiday. Anyone that loves Nightmare Before Christmas would totally fall in love with this version of the song. Well, not everyone... Maybe not your parents.

10. System Of A Down - "Roulette"

Okay, it's not a Christmas song, but in my opinion it has a Christmas feel to it. This is actually a good song to listen to while sitting on the couch or standing by the window and watch snowflakes fall while drinking a cup of cinnamon apple tea after lighting ginger root incense... Trust me. It's super comforting! Plus, it's System Of A Down. That's what makes it 10x better!
Hot Baeble Videos
Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

VERITE live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

SUSTO live at Baeble HQ

SUSTO live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.