My time at Baeble is rife with a whole bunch of adjectives, that's for sure. Yet in my opinion, rather than be increasingly verbose, I'd rather close on a cursory glance of the things I got to do and learn.
- I learned how to say nice things about an album that I just didn't agree with (a good skill for those bullies on the playground)
- I got to meet and talk with musicians I admire and drool over
- I dropped my jaw at such gorgeous concerts as Laura Marling, Kimya Dawson and share my thoughts, impressions and feelings about them.
- I wrote for hours on end, proving to myself how much I truly enjoy word crafting, especially about my most favorite thing in the word, music.
- Most importantly, I was able to keep tabs on the Youtubes. Thank you Baeble for your mastery of viral vids. I will never forget Stanley from the Office opening his fridge for a special kind of greeting
For what you've given me, I give you one back. (I can't tell you how many times I've returned to this video for reasons I'm unsure how to articulate). To suit all Christmas gift-taxidermy needs, I suggest:
Jokes aside, I've had a blast delving into new music and exploring things I never thought I'd like right along with Baeble readers. Thanks for allowing me to write for you guys and thank you for reading my posts! Before I go and jet back home for Christmas break to California (Yes, I plan to go to the beach in January) here is an lyrically appropriate song and dance from one of my favorite albums of 2K11, Veronica Falls, a band I can only describe as #dark-twee.