7 Reasons Why Cyndi Lauper Should Run for President
  • THURSDAY, JANUARY 26, 2017

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

Last weekend, Madonna made an appearance at the Women's March. It was awesome that she came and supported, but her speech left some people feeling angry. It consisted of some screaming, telling Donald Trump to "suck a dick," admitting, "yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House," and lots of F-bombs. So yeah, you can see why some people would react in a negative way.

Then when Cyndi Lauper recently made an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, she admitted that she didn't loooove Madonna's approach. "I don't think that it served our purpose because anger is not better than clarity and humanity, that is what opens people's minds." And then she acknowledged Scarlett Johansen's speech, praising that she "shared her story... It was clear, it was eloquent."

I think we're going to have to agree with Lauper on this one... And after realizing how much we agree with Lauper, we thought, "wow, maybe SHE should be president!" Here's our reasons to back up this silly thought:

1. She understands that girls just wanna have fun.

And that's especially important right now (cough cough, women's marches).

2. She's an LGBT activist.

So we'd totally be covered on that front.

3. Unlike Madonna, she's passionate and empathetic, but presents herself in a graceful and clear manner.

Imagine how well she'd do at the debates... Also, check out how well she cleans up.

4. But we don't want her to "clean up" just for us... Can we please elect the first president with pink hair?

Make American Rock 'n' Roll Again.

cyndi lauper

5. She actually came from a tough background and had to work hard to get to where she is now.

When she talked to The New York Times about her childhood, she explained that she was kicked out of a local Catholic school because her mother was divorced, and then thrown into a terrible Catholic boarding school. "These women were trained by Nazis, I think," she told the mag. "They were into torture; it was a torture chamber for kids. If you talked to a boy, they'd slap you as hard as they could in the face. I remember one time I scratched this girl's back in the middle of the night - I was, you know, nine, and she was twelve, and she asked me to scratch her back. A nun ran in, ripped me off her back, threw me against the lockers, beat the shit out of me and called me a lesbian. I didn't know what a lesbian was."

And that anecdote is just a little taste of what her childhood was like. She was also homeless for a little bit... But then she obviously worked her way up. You get the idea.

6. She's got a good sense of humor.

I don't really know what this is to be honest. But it's funny and Cyndi's delivery is on point. You can see she's got a sense of humor, right?

7. She contributed 16 original songs to the hit broadway musical Kinky Boots.

Really, that should be the reason that pushes you over the edge, if you somehow still needed convincing...

So... Cyndi Lauper for America 2020?
Hot Baeble Videos
Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Have Mercy live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Vancouver Sleep Clinic live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

You Me At Six live at Baeble HQ

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Jasmine Thompson live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Tall Heights live at Baeble HQ

Tall Heights live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

Chelsea Cutler live at Baeble HQ

AJR  live at Baeble HQ

AJR live at Baeble HQ

XXX 88 ft Diplo

XXX 88 ft Diplo

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.