10 Tracks To Blast When Winter Storm Jonas Leaves You Snowed In
  • FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2016

• Posted by: Don Saas

Look. If you live on the east coast right now, you're probably scurrying around in mortal fear of Winter Storm Jonas (when the f*** did we start naming blizzards?). And, hopefully by now, you've stocked up on food and toilet paper and all the other shit you'll need if you wind up buried in snow the entire weekend. And we thought, well, if you're going to be locked up in a winter wasteland, the least we could do for you is offer up some primo tunage. And on that note, let's share our top 10 songs to blast while you're snowed in this weekend.

Weezer - "My Name Is Jonas"

Do we have to explain why this one made the cut?

Coldplay - "Don't Panic"

Alright...we're going to be honest here. A lot of these tracks were chosen for pure pun factor.

City & Colour - "If I Should Go Before You"

I mean, let's face it. There's a chance that if you decide to be a massive dumb ass and drive in this weather, this could be your last weekend on Earth. Here's the track for the loved ones that survive you.

Chris Colfer & Darren Criss - "Baby, It's Cold Outside"

Once again, I really hope we don't have to spell this one out for you.

First Aid Kit - "In The Hearts Of Men"

Alright, we're actually going to be serious for a second. Let's say you get snowed in with a significant other. Throw in First Aid Kit's The Lion's Roar, and you're romantically set for the whole weekend.

The War On Drugs - "Red Eyes"

And while you're freezing your ass off thanks to this once-in-a-century blizzard that will be ravaging the east coast, you might need some warm vibes. And while I always thought of Lost in the Dream as an autumn record, that's sure as s*** warmer than Winter Storm Jonas.

Bob Dylan - "Tangled Up In Blue"

I've always found that periods where I'm snowed in lead to my highest rates of nostalgia. And is there a better track about looking back at the mess of your life (and your love life) than "Tangled Up In Blue?"

Bjork - "Hidden Place"

Yeah...this is just another example of perfect "trapped in for the weekend with your partner" sexy time music. Nothing deeper than that.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - "Lime Tree Arbour"

This track is for all of the folks who find themselves in a place of melancholy (with just a dash of hope) during winter. The Boatsman's Call is the best of Nick Cave's melodramatic piano records that would fit perfectly in with that sort of mood this weekend.

The Ronettes - "Be My Baby"

And if you do have a partner and your relationship is able to survive an entire weekend trapped in a cramp apartment, you can play this song to celebrate what will surely be your enduring love.

Hot Baeble Videos
Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Beth Hart live at Baeble HQ

Live It Up

Live It Up

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Clean Bandit live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

Matisyahu live at Baeble HQ

City of the Sun live at Baeble HQ

City of the Sun live at Baeble HQ

Streets of Laredo live at Baeble HQ

Streets of Laredo live at Baeble HQ

R.LUM.R live at Industry City

R.LUM.R live at Industry City

Half The Animal live at Baeble HQ

Half The Animal live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

ROZES live at Baeble HQ

Crystal Fighters live at Baeble HQ

Crystal Fighters live at Baeble HQ

© 2017 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.