10 Low Key Hip Hop Songs To Space Out To
  • THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, 2016

• Posted by: Kirsten Spruch

When people think of hip hop, they tend to associate it with aggressive beats and lyrics. This is understandable with explicit songs like "Jumpman" by Drake and Future and "The Hills" by The Weeknd climbing up the charts right now. However, a lot of new artists are stepping in, changing the game and bending the genre. Yes, a lot of hip hop artists do have a sensitive side! With these lush, atmospheric tracks, you'll want to turn up the volume and stay in tonight.

10. "Say It" by Tory Lanez

This track by Toronto-based rapper Tory Lanez showcases a gospel choir and beautiful harmonies. The beat is dynamic and sounds almost sounds liberating in a way.

9. "Too Young" by Post Malone

The lyrics "I don't wanna die too young" paired with the atmospheric music is a match made in heaven. This hazy track is guaranteed to make you feel at peace.

8. "Exchange" by Bryson Tiller

Bryson Tiller is currently blowing up and I'm confident he's the next big thing in the R&B world. A lot of his songs are confident diss tracks, but this one shows off his sensitive side.

7. "Pray 4 Love" by Travis Scott feat. The Weeknd

Lyrics like "Pray for who lost they fate, and died too young / Pray for the ones I hate, the ones I love" are just a taste of how compassionate Travis Scott is.

6. "Marvins Room" by Drake

This one's an oldie, but a goodie. "I'm just saying you could do better, tell me have you heard that lately?" is sung over a minimalistic, reverb-soaked beat and is guaranteed to make you feel like you're floating away into space.

5. "Alcoholics" by Skizzy Mars

A song about drugs and alcohol. How can you not chill to this?

4. "Lost" by Chance The Rapper

Another oldie. Chance The Rapper is both sensitive and sensual on this track and it works.

3. "Me, Myself & I" by G-Eazy and Bebe Rexha

G-Eazy is questioning his fame and acknowledging his loneliness. Anyone in need of a friend will be able to relate to this song.

2. "Spectrum" by Goldlink

With bubbly beats and trance chords, this track has more of a nightclub feel. The Washington, DC rapper even samples Missy Elliott's "She's A Bitch," another reason to love it.

1. "Tied Up" by Casey Veggies feat. DeJ Loaf

"I'll be a lady in the streets /
In a dress with her hair tied up /
Or I can be a freak in the sheets /
In the room with her hands tied up /
It's whatever you want, whatever you like."

These lyrics are self-explanatory, DeJ Loaf is straight up saying that she doesn't care what she does, showing a laidback side.

Comments

Hot Baeble Videos
Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Larkin Poe live at Baeble HQ

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Great Good Fine Ok live at Industry City

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

Corbu live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

LOLO live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Bright Light Bright Light live at Baeble HQ

Kaleo live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Kaleo live at Atlantic Records Recording Studio

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Childish Gambino live at Rockwood Music Hall

Cody Simpson live at Empire Garage

Cody Simpson live at Empire Garage

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

Aurora live at Baeble HQ

Arkells live at Industry City

Arkells live at Industry City

© 2016 Baeble Media. All rights reserved.