Sometimes we get caught up and forget that not everyone is lucky enough to be on top of the latest news in the music industry, and sometimes so much can happen in a single week that big news can get lost between the cracks. We're here to refresh your memories by reminding you of what happened this week in always quick, often snarky sentences.
- Only The Strokes
can send the music world into a tizzy when announcing a new single that no one has heard, even after Angles
kind of sucked.
- Paul Dano won the role of Brian Wilson in the upcoming biopic of the Beach Boy, sending Zach Galifianakis fans everywhere back to their couches.
- Chief Keef was sentenced to 60 days in prison, via Pitchfork.
- Prince's purple mist overwhelmed the internet when new song "Screwdriver" was questionably leaked
- Phoenix sent everyone into a seizure by announcing the title
of their forthcoming album Bankrupt!
- Thom Yorke reestablished the meaning of "cool" when he shared a 25-minute mix
of unheard material.
- We got our first taste
of the new Junip album, and it is delicious!
- Director Paul Thomas Anderson found a VHS beneath his floorboards of an un-aired VH1 pilot with Elliott Smith (THIS IS NOT A JOKE
- Black Sabbath scheduled the June release of 13
, their first album with the Prince of Darkness (Ozzy) in over 35 years.
- Okkervil River's Will Sheff unveiled his strangely colorful and electronic solo project, Lovestreams
- Tom Morello will join Bruce Springsteen during his Australian tour.
- This band Wampire
made us wish it was Halloween.
- Cold War Kids set loose the first single, "Miracle Mile,"
off their forthcoming, fourth full-length.
- Jamie Lidell set the bar for the awesomely experimental in Why_ya_why."
Enjoy your weekend!