FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2012 | POSTED BY: JOE PUGLISI
It seems like forever since we've assembled our own collection of new and notable tunes for your ear-basking pleasure. Thus, this week's tape is a concentrated shot of awesome-sauce. All the songs we've been hoarding for weeks, ready to be blown straight into your cranium.
Just push play.
Listen to (most of) the mixtape on Spotify!
1. "Seek It Out" - Fang Island - Major
We had this on an earlier tape but it wasn't quite ready to be heard. Now that the album's out, blast this sucker all you like.
2. "You Call Me On" - Twin Shadow - Confess
I heart The 80s too, Twin Shadow.
3. "Swing Lo, Magellan" - Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo, Magellan
Dave Longstreth's voice is perpetually stuck in my head doing the chorus of this song.
4. "Henrietta" - Yeasayer - Fragrant World
This album rules. This song rules. Ian Cohen's spirit animal is a toilet.
5. "Party In Heaven" - Future of What - Moonstruck
There's something about this song that makes me want to go back in time and slow dance at junior prom with my estranged on-again off-again girlfriend.
6. "Marianne" - California Wives - Art History
Another refrain that will haunt your Junior-prom dreams. I expect the "Marianne"/Molly Ringwald side-to-side dancing mash-up video on YouTube any day now.
7. "Clouds" - Deep Time - Deep Time
If Wes Anderson directed a live action Scooby Doo movie, this would be the chase scene.
8. "Constant Conversations" - Passion Pit - Gossamer
It's like you can hear the turmoil of Michael Angelakos' brain clattering beneath the slick surface of his shoegaze R&B. Gossamer is leaking with real, raw emotion. Spend some time with it.
9. "The House That Heaven Built (Japandroids Remix)" - Beat Radio - Unreleased
I'd be really hesitant to put a folk cover of one of my favorite distortion-heavy records of the year if it wasn't so damn good. Single tear.
10. "Pyramids" - Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE
The best possible intro to your weekend.
See you next week!
Article By: Joe Puglisi