NAME THESE UNITED STATES' VAN
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Moving up to the next level in the real-life version of Rock Band, These United States have recently acquired a brand new (to them) 12-seater tour van - but it just wouldn't be the vehicle of fortune it's going to be without a proper christening.
TUS fans/YANP readers are invited to name this glorious van by leaving their suggestions, with their email addresses, in the comments section of You Ain't No Picasso: http://www.youaintnopicasso.com/2009/03/17/contest-name-these-united-states-new-van-and-win-a-vantasy-prize-pack-from-the-band/
The winner of the "VanTasy Prize Pack" will be announced at These United States' show in Lexington Saturday April 11th at Al's Bar.
The TUS VanTasy Grab Bag
- one (1) Very First Non-Essential Item to (Naturally) Fall off the New TUS Van
- one (1) Personalized Traveler-on-the-Go Mixtape by These United States
- one (1) Enlightening Road Haiku written by the TUS band member of your choice
- one (1) Meaningful Souvenir from the World's Largest Truck Stop (Interstate 80, in Iowa)
- one (1) Full-Color Glossy Glamour Shot (Standing or Reclining) of These United States
- one (1) Super-Awesome Bragging Rights Forever to All of Your Awesome Friends You Have
Here's a list of van quirks supplied by These United States to help you personalize your nickname:
- it whistles at certain speeds on the highwayAND NO MAN/WOMAN/MECHANIC CAN FIGURE OUT WHY?!?!
- it's got a sweeeeeeet American Flag spare-tire cover in back (as pictured)
- it's got a lot of personality quirks that we're just now discoveringbut we love it anyway
- we got it from the local Lions Club in northern Virginia - they are nice people
- it's from the year 19hundred+96, complete with state-of-the-art casette player + faux wood steering wheel grip cover